Even though our blog is incredibly behind, and we have all of our summer adventures yet to post, I have to interject a message from the present. I am in love. So in love! Yes again. With this little peanut I am convinced in my heart/soul/gut is a girl:
Of course if our little shrimp baby is a boy I will NOT be disappointed. I really won't. I would love to start with two boys, and even occasionally fancy the idea of having all boys. But if it's a boy, I will be surprised. Why? I don't even know except the day after the stick announced our baby in our bathroom, I felt in my heart this baby is a girl. With Caleb I had no motherly instinct about his gender and secretly wondered what other women even meant by the phrase. But now I suppose this is what they mean. I really think our baby is girl, which is why, until that fateful ultrasound in 5 weeks, it will be referred to as she.
Also, I would say that her ultrasound pictures look nothing like Caleb. I think Tyler got his clone, and I'm about to get mine. :) Now I'm not painting the room pink yet, I'm much to practical to put money behind my hunch. But we are thinking of names and our girl list is much longer than our boy list.
Oh! I am 13 weeks and 1 day and starting to show. She is due to arrive sometime around March 22! In case you've forgotten, Caleb was due April 3 and born April 8, so they will be almost as close to 2 years apart as you can get.
Caleb exhibits no signs of comprehension when I tell him there's a baby in my tummy, or he's going to have a sibling. None. So I kind of don't say it much. When my belly is so huge it's impossible to miss, and he's a few months wiser, we'll try again. Happily, he does always show interest in babies - wanting to touch them, give them pacifiers, and especially rock them in their carseats. We need to work on gentleness, but the idea is good.
Deep down I've been wanting this baby for nearly a year now. But it was a hard decision with how tumultuous our lives will be next summer. I'm sure there will be a few hard days, but we are still thrilled about our baby and so grateful that so far she seems healthy. When we finally did decide to go for it, she took a while to be convinced, which makes us even more grateful that she's coming.
I really am in love with my little fetus baby. I feel like my heart isn't strong enough to fully feel all the joy I've been given by being a mother.

congrats nicole!!!! soooo exciting.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful! I'm liking the idea of three little girls in a row - dad of course would like to tie the roster - so we will be thrilled with either!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! So exciting, I hope you are feeling really good... I hope it is a girl too, then we will both have one of each. And I'll be calling you for boy advice because I have no idea what I'm doing. Yay for new babes!
ReplyDeleteFabulous news!! I'm a little behind because I always forget to check private blogs, but I'm so happy for you. Hope you're feeling great by now! You will adore having two kids. It's so much fun.
ReplyDeleteWhat happy news. We're so happy for you guys. Are you coming to Columbus any time soon so we can see you again?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDelete