Monday, September 27, 2010

Outer Banks, NC

A few weeks ago the three of us had a blast vacationing on the beaches of North Carolina with a bunch of our dental school friends. Some of our dental predecessors figured out how to make an OBX vacation affordable on a student budget: rent a huge house and fit as many little families in it as possible (Pack n Plays fit in very little spaces), share meals, and go during hurricane season. Result? AWESOME VACATION. Granted it took about 12 hours to drive each way, but really it was worth it.

We spent the vast majority of our time at the beach or at the pool. The Atlantic really is so much warmer than the Pacific. I actually played in the water - and had fun doing it! We did venture out to see a lighthouse, eat some seafood and buy a little gear. We tried a couple different beaches so Tyler could catch some surfing waves. Since we were there for a Sunday, we held our own little church service together which was very neat. Here are some of the pictures!











*picture by Carlee*






*picture by Carlee*


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun! And there are a heck of a lot of little babies there, too! So fun. You guys have the cutest little threesome family! I miss you. Also, I totally LOVED your email a few weeks ago and totally appreciated it. I owe you one and it's coming... I just haven't had much energy (and still kinda don't) since I can't really eat anything still. Also, thanks for the picture tips... it totally worked, but I didn't want my surgery pics all huge so I decided to implement the bigger picture thing after this whole fiasco. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously have the cutest little family. That trip looks like so much fun! I love all of the pictures... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The OBX is AWESOME!! My family went for a reunion, and it was so much fun. We loved the beach house and how everyone can be together. Cute pictures! I love your little family. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO glad the tradition is holding strong!! Only one problem... those pictures made me entirely too jealous! Isn't that house amazing! Someday I'll get back there. Glad you guys had fun and the weather was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your pictures! Especially the one of Tyler and Caleb smiling on the beach.

    ReplyDelete