Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday is Garbage Day

Tuesday mornings Caleb and I always play upstairs because I know there's going to be some awesome free baby entertainment!  Every week a big white garbage truck quickly backs up our street, beeping all the way, (which is my warning to grab the baby and head to the window), then slowly drives back down to pick up all of our trash.  Almost every week he catches the attention of at least one worker and gets waves and smiles which is an incredible honor for our little man.  He's usually so astounded that he doesn't smile or wave back until after they're gone.  PLUS every other week a big blue recycle truck drives our street the same way.  Today was a recycle day - such a treat! :)
 Here it comes!

Just about to get a wave.

He watches them to the bitter end, pushing his face up against the window even.  It's so cute!

3 comments:

  1. I love this!! When we were little, Thomas & I LOVED the garbage men & we would always run out to shake their hands before they left. They were always so smiley and would take off their gloves and I felt so special. I love Caleb's face against the window, he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We do the same thing on Wednesdays! And when the weather is nice we all have to go outside to maximize our viewing time of Mr. Garbage man. Its funny because Peter knows 2 days of the week- Sunday we go to church, and Wednesday the garbage man comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO cute! I also loved what you said about nursing- much needed encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete