Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Best & Worst

First of all, have you looked at the ticker to the right lately?  Okay, I don't expect you to, it's really for me, but LOOK!  I'm already halfway done!  So exciting.  Against my better judgement, here's evidence of how the little man has changed me.  I've already gained a lovely 15 lbs with this pregnancy but I'm still a mega 33 lbs from my labor weight with Caleb, so I'm feeling good.


In related news, I've reached an all-time low of pregnancy food purchases.  (I really shouldn't be the one to grocery shop while I'm pregnant since I buy way to much junk!)  This one is so bad, I need to publicly declare it in hopes of humiliating myself so much that I won't do it again.


The motivation for this purchase actually began a few weeks ago while driving some of my young women home.  The got into a heated discussion about whether Utz Cheese Balls were the best or some other brand (can't remember).  Utz won.  I was blown away, not because utz won, but because I had no idea what they were talking about!  I know I'm older than them, but not that much older!  So then I was super curious.  They swore these cheese things are the most delicious snack on the planet.

Then I saw them at Walmart, but HELLO the canister is huge.  And they look disgusting.  I paused, but walked on.

Then I saw them at Costco.  And gee, if COSTCO carries it, it must be a quality product, right?  I just looked more attractive in Costco than in Walmart.

So I gave in.  And they overtook my kitchen.  Literally.  LOOK!


What's the first thing your eyes settle on?  The cheese balls.  Caleb's too.  And by the way, young women, they aren't that good!  Ugh.  I have a million of them.  Literally.  They are now hidden in the basement and will be served at the next six YW activities.

Okay, time to talk about an amazing purchase.  This one is going to blow your mind more than the last, but in a good way.  I happened to be in Old Navy pursuing the clearance racks, when low and behold I found my currently favorite pair of jeans.  NICE!  I'm even going to get them at a discount, I thought.  What an understatement.  I find the price tag and LOOK!


Have you ever seen such a thing?!?  A full, undamaged pair of wonderful skinny jeans.  FOURTY-SEVEN CENTS!  Amazing.  They even really rang up that cheap.  Amazing!  I just can't tell enough people this story it's so great!

Lastly, I must include a picture of our toddler.  He's so much fun lately even though he's occasionally a handful.  90% of my day with him I just love.  (The other 10% I wonder how on earth I can teach him to not do whatever he's doing.)

Here he's saying with his eyes, "Mom, I don't want to wear my hat anymore, OKAAAY?"


In an effort to get him excited about the hat again, we reviewed the words, hat, hair, and head, all of which he's trying to actually say lately.  Here's he saying, "Head!" 


So fun and cute.  I am a lucky mom.

7 comments:

  1. This post actually made me laugh out loud... not many internet things that I am reading to myself do that. The whole cheeze-ball story was so funny.. I love that you included a picture to show how it takes over your kitchen. Oh, and you're MORE than half-way through your pregnancy. 5 days more. :) (Can you tell that every day counts in my head right now? ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for being halfway done with your pregnancy! I think the first 20 weeks absolutely drag on compared to the last 20. Also, 47 cents??? Hello, amazing deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a deal like that at Old Navy this summer too. Although I think they were $4, but still an awesome deal. And they were skinny jeans for Michael, which he refuses to wear because boys don't wear skinny jeans...so I think you got a better deal! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love pregnancy cravings! I've had a thing for those cheap frozen cheese pizzas during this pregnancy. It drives Brian insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwww! Cheese puffs - all time low! So funny - but Yw/YM will probably love them. You look so great - so happy you included a picture for me! Wow - half way, can't believe it.
    Caleb is amazing as ever - love him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing gets me giddy like a smoking hot deal. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought those cheese balls once, too. Not great to package that many in one container, esp. with the humidity. If it makes you feel better, I have non-pregnancy cravings like that all the time. You look cute and so skinny you are probably wearing your .47 cent jeans at 20 weeks pregnant. I sent you an invite.

    ReplyDelete