Celebrated Luke's 2-month birthday.
We went up to the fish hatchery at Mt. Shasta and fed the fish! Caleb really got a kick out of it.
We ate lunch at the Black Bear Diner and Caleb found the jukebox.
One of our first stops in Redding is always "the office" - the dental office of Tyler's parents. It's always fun for Tyler to see everyone there. Caleb brought home a new toy....
We did about as much with the Hatches as we could! It was so fun!!! It definitely eased the blow of leaving Pittsburgh to be able to be with one of my Burgh girls for a few weeks. Their kids are beyond cute!! And I loved how Caleb played with them. It really was such a treat!
Here we are feeding the parrots at Turtle Bay.
Water table at Turtle Bay.
We spent a few hours playing at Tyler's elementary school. It was very nostalgic!
Of course In N Out had to be one of our first stops.
While we were there Tyler's grandparents visited so Grandpa Russell could meet Luke. So sweet!
Picnic in the park!
We snuggled with our little Lukey a lot.... the sleeping with a newborn phase goes way too fast!!
And we snuggled the Caleb.
BBQ! Have I said how cute these three are together?!
Spending time with Tiffany is always fun. She was the one who got me (and all the other dental wives) together when we first moved to Pittsburgh (and many many times after) and helped showed us all the great things to love about living there. So grateful to have Tiffany for a friend!!!
We tried to go on a lot of dates, especially once our babies were sleeping. We tried the new ice cream place in town. Yum!
Grandpa took us out to see his cows. This is where he keeps some of the younger ones. We got to see some of them nursing which was so sweet.
I think this cow is so pretty!
Caleb & Grandpa: love this genuine smile.
Whiskey Town Lake
Grandma borrowed this little car from a friend and Caleb loved to ride down the hill in it... for a few days. Then he moved on to being the one who pushed someone else down the hill. Haha!
Another favorite thing to do at home was to visit the horses to pet them and feed them and he even got to ride one once! We didn't get a picture of the ride though. It was fun watching him become more and more comfortable with them while we were there.
Walked the sundial bridge with Grandma. The river and riverbed were very pretty that day.
Marveled at the beauty.
Dinner & playdate with this lovely girl and her family. So bummed my only pic of them looking is blurry! Micci made us what is now my new favorite veggie side dish: zucchini & yellow squash sauted in EVOO, salt & pepper, then topped with fresh parm while hot so it melts. LOVE IT!
Cooked with Grandma.
Visited Waterworks. It's a bit of a tween hangout, but still totally fun. Definitely worth it when it's 100 degrees outside! He was a little scared up there by himself. The Hatches came too but somehow we didn't get any pictures with them that day.
Gosh, I love my boy.
Luke slept through most of it, sweet angel.
We had some fun playdates with the twins at home. One day we just decided to put them in the water, so since we didn't have Caleb's swimsuit with us we just went with the diaper. Good choice because the pictures are so cute!
The twins were so adventurous sliding down into the water. Caleb wouldn't try for a long time, but eventually he went for it.
The night before Tyler left for Officer Training we went on one last date alone. That night he gave me a very sweet blessing and while it's never fun to be separated, we felt at peace. I'm glad the 5 weeks apart were preceded by a few weeks of fun together!

















I'm REALLY missing our playdates!! There are lots of days I wish I could just call you up and say, come on over! So sad. :( I showed Trey the video of Caleb going down the slide into the little pool and he wanted to watch it over and over and over. Then he cried when I told him it was time to stop. haha.
ReplyDeleteNicole, I love your blog! You have an art for taking great pictures. Caleb & Luke are adorable. You look awesome in the pictures. You lose your weight so fast! I am glad all is well. Hope you are surviving having Tyler gone!
ReplyDeleteSo glad we got to see you guys pass on our fav recipe... I swear we have that at least once a week. So yummy. Loved seeing Caleb and meeting baby Luke! Call us when you are out our way again!
ReplyDelete