As if the Superbowl wasn't enough, our Penguins won the grand prize of hockey - The Stanley Cup - last weekend!!!

Tyler's really excited! (Don't worry, he won't eat you.)

We almost canceled our camping plans last weekend to watch the final game, but decided to tape it and watch it Saturday night. We figured since we were out in the woods we could keep from hearing whether they won or not. Unfortunately, the Park Ranger came by at about 10:30 and said, "The Pens won! Now it's quiet time." Complete ahhh ensued...

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty exciting to us. I think we're going to buy some Pens and/or Steelers t-shirts. For reals!

And even though we know they won, and the celebration parade downtown was yesterday, we are still planning on watching the game ...

Pittsburgh and Tyler make an irresistible team - I'm a converted sports fan!
Glad you are enjoying our city- I am the same way. Never a sports fan until I met Burgess who is a classic Pittsburgher - we prayed for the Steelers and we did pray for the Pens (your allowed to pray for those you love right???) I almost went into labor during the Super Bowl and game 7 was just as bad! I am still surprised at how much I wanted the Stanley Cup!!! GO PENS!
ReplyDeleteWe have a client in Pittsburgh now! I won't be coming out soon as far as I know but hopefully sometime . . .
ReplyDeleteYou'd spend money on a Penguins shirt? I just can't fathom it.
ReplyDelete