Monday, June 8, 2009

Saturday :)

This is how Saturday went:

#1 Nicole slept in WAY late while Tyler weed-wacked (thank you Brett for the borrowage) and mowed. This was divine. Oh and I think I ate Fruit Loops for breakfast - yum! (This is a new habit - thanks Nursery snacks!)

#2 Tyler discovered that TRAGEDY has struck our house. He says it's just the Circle of Life. But for being so Disney-like, he sure wouldn't let me come close.

This is where it happened.
(Our front yard - in that tree.)

Just days ago we had a new little family of birds growing in a cute nest in our tree! The mother cared for them dutifully and we liked going out and looking up the tree to see their little beaks when Mom would come with food.


But by Saturday morning, Scar had attacked: the nest is half-fallen and the half-eaten birds were all over the grass and top of the tree truck. Like I said, Tyler honestly wouldn't let me look close, but it's still so sad to me!

#3 By noon I had showered so Ty and I took the occasion to drive about 45 minutes south into the country and saw some sweet country livin'. Our stake is celebrating it's 40th year since organization, so we headed out to this park to play softball, eat, and enjoy the perfect weather.

Softball was a lot of fun, although I'm not gonna lie, that it kinda make me nervous everytime I have to go to the outfield! Our friends Heather & Chad were there too. Ty played two games, but I only played one, so I was able to get some pictures.


Tyler pitching. Look at the amazing green-ness that surrounded us. :)


Chad batting - pretty great action shot (too bad it's a little fuzzy).


Bliss.
(Why do I love this picture so much?! It's kinda weird! But I really really love it!! But seriously, look how pretty that blue is with the sun shining on it!)


Tyler headed out to outfield.
I'm not sure why exactly, but I really like this one too.


With Chad & Heather after the games.
We're so grateful for all the friends we've made since moving here!

#4 On our way home we saw this great church reader-board saying. (You know, the way so many churches have them out front?) Maybe we were just in a really good mood that day, but we thought it was pretty funny. So in case you're having one of those days, just remember:

Hang in there: Moses was a basket case too.


#5 Tyler studied. I went to Joann's to buy fabric for this week's Young Women activity. The girls are sewing pillowcases to give as secret sister gifts. And it took me WAY too long at the store deciding which fabric to buy. Why is this so difficult for me??

#6 We went dahntahn to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Thanks to my big brother, Nick, I know every word of the show (truly) and thoroughly enjoyed it, but Tyler had never seen it. So we went with these killer student tickets. When Pharoh showed up as Elvis, Tyler could hardly take the funny cheesiness of it all, but he made it through and even liked it a little.


#7 I concluded that I like Pittsburgh SO much better in the spring and summer!


3 comments:

  1. What a great day! I think that Moses bit is hilarious. Very clever what people think up in order to "advertize" religion. Your cotton candy looks so tasty. I love cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually saw another "church ad" that day that was pretty good too:

    Free Trips to Heaven! Details Inside.

    Haha! Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at you, you're so cute, the two of you included! glad you're enjoying your time there! love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete