A few weeks ago Caleb and I were able to visit my parents for a whole week! Some of the fun included: lots of Mom's delicious home cooking (wow it's amazing to have dinner made for you every night), going to the Portland Temple by myself while my mom watched Caleb, watching my mom teach the Relief Society sisters how to make applesauce and apple pie filling, making Autumn packages for my college siblings, eating delicious German food at Gustav's, seeing my brother and his family, going to the beach with my sister and eating at Mo's, going for walks, and playing with the dog.
Caleb was pretty great flying, although there were a few moments. I've officially flown alone with a baby and survived. :) The first few days Caleb was pretty cranky due to a fever and some .... well constipation. (He therefore was allowed some apple juice, but wouldn't even drink it!) I was so worried I would go home with my parents thinking my baby was just a crank. Luckily for all of us, he got through it and perked up and had a lot of fun.
My favorite part was just being at home with my parents, having their undivided attention, and watching them enjoy Caleb. There's nothing quite like sharing your baby with your parents.
Caleb was pretty great flying, although there were a few moments. I've officially flown alone with a baby and survived. :) The first few days Caleb was pretty cranky due to a fever and some .... well constipation. (He therefore was allowed some apple juice, but wouldn't even drink it!) I was so worried I would go home with my parents thinking my baby was just a crank. Luckily for all of us, he got through it and perked up and had a lot of fun.
My favorite part was just being at home with my parents, having their undivided attention, and watching them enjoy Caleb. There's nothing quite like sharing your baby with your parents.
You can tell my mom had an especially sweet time.
Dinner at Gustav's. (No I didn't get a nose job or experience some strange nose injury - just weird lighting.)
PS Can you see my schnitzel, spaetzel and red cabbage? Love it.
Yummy cheese fondue appetizer. This stuff makes me really happy.
Project done. So fun to make gift packages (esp when your mom is paying).
Caleb began trying to sit up on his own while we were there.
My parents with all three of their grandkids!
My older sister with the man.
Lunch together at one of the great seafood places on the Oregon coast - Mo's. I got a shrimp-stuffed avocado salad. YUM.
Nothing like a walk along the shoreline.
My baby and me with Haystack Rock in the background.
My good-looking parents.
Playing with Grandad.
Thanks for a great week Mom & Dad!! Caleb and I had a fabulous time.





ahhhhh oregon :) glad you had such a great time! i love the coast and have been to haystack rock many many times :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect visit. It's so nice to have just your parents to yourself and I know they felt the same way. That Caleb is such a chill dude Nicole! Hope his intestinal tract is . . . well, good luck. :)
ReplyDeleteso jealous! how I would love to spend some time with your mom especially. great photos of the grandparents with that cute little guy. so glad you got to come home and be doted on:)
ReplyDelete