Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Seven Months


Monday Caleb was exactly 7 months old.  I can hardly believe how the time flies.  He's probably more fun than ever.  His latest nickname is Rolly-Polly because he just rolls all around the room and he plays in the funniest positions.  He's so flexible his body can pretty much handle whatever position his rolling and the objects around him force him into.  I don't know why watching him play like this is so incredibly fun for me, but it is.

Just in the last few days he's started pushing himself backwards while on his tummy.  He's also begun pushing himself up on his hands and knees, but only for a few seconds at a time.  I wonder how long now until crawling begins...

As you can see, we are still bathing him in the kitchen sink and he loves it.  (Bathroom remodel begins in five days!!)  We actually like it too cause we can stick him in there while doing the dishes from dinner (gasp! somehow this seems inherently wrong, but it's so convenient I've pushed that guilt far far away).  Plus we can talk and enjoy him without kneeling on a hard tiled floor.  Okay, we might keep doing this even after our tub is fixed!

You may remember that a month ago Caleb was sleeping wonderfully.  Well, he did that for about 2.5 weeks and then stopped.  He's been up 2-5 times/night for a couple weeks now.  Sad, huh?  He got a little cold which we blamed it on, but that's over.  His top two front teeth have obviously descended some, but aren't poking through yet.  So we're not totally sure what the non-sleeping is all about, but starting yesterday, there has been some crying-back-to-sleep torture, so hopefully he'll relearn to sleep well soon.

Seven month stats: 21 lb, 2 oz and 28 inches.

He's generally very happy.  He's playing a little more independently and recently seems to understand me when I say, "I'm going to get X from room Y.  I'll be right back."  I love that he's not crying when I get back!  He's ticklish on his upper-thighs, under-arms and occasionally his neck.  He still likes to thrown around by Dad and sung to by Mom.  He's really such a delight.

4 comments:

  1. He is adorable. Those eyes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his eyelashes...so cute. You are a great photographer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I can't get over how cute Caleb is he truly is a beautiful baby!! I'm sure people stop you and tell you that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little boy is so cute! And look how big he is sitting all by himself in the sink - they're growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete