Just after finals in April we rushed off to Burley Idaho which has long been a special town for me and has become a special place for Tyler's family. My mom grew up there and my grandparents both lived there until they died and are buried there. We happily vacationed there every summer and spent many holidays there. Life is just slower in Burley and I love it. If it weren't for the cow smell in the wind, I would seriously consider settling there.
Tyler's sister Caitlin has been living there for a while and now we can claim native Burley-ite Steve as our brother. We just love Burley.
The actual sealing was in the Twin Falls Temple. My sister and BIL were in town and took Caleb so we could both be there. (Thank you!!) Of course he showed up after for the pictures.
The happy couple.
The rest of our temple-ground photos.
Joey just fell in love with Caleb during the trip which just melted our hearts.
Three generations of Johansen men.
The luncheon and reception were both in Burley and very lovely. Somehow we don't have any pictures of those. We are so glad we were able to be there. We love Caitlin and we love Steve. It was a great day.
During our down-time we visited the graves of my grandparents. I've been there lots of times and I love going back. I still painfully miss my grandpa and think about him often. I wish I could hug him and talk to him again. I wish he could be here with me. I just miss him!
We went with Claire and Dave, although I'll have to search my other camera for a picture including them. :-/ Still, I love how these turned out.
Once Caitlin and Steve left town, the rest of us did too. Since Tyler had a week off, we decided to visit some of the people in Utah we love and miss so much. First we headed to Elk Ridge to visit Tyler's cousin Kevin and his family. I usually don't think Tyler & Kevin look much alike, but here they do!
Krystina works for BYU Broadcasting and she gave us a tour of their new facility. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, so here's one of the doors.
And here is their little angel baby Samuel. He is so happy and smiley. So cute!
While south we got to have dinner (at the Art City train restaurant in Springville) with my great friend Marnie who was my mentor and neighboring teacher when I taught 5th grade in Orem. Her daughter Lindsey is still perfect. I miss being close to them! Marnie is so good at being a good friend. (And isn't she beautiful?! She's always so put together.)
Of course we had to visit where we fell in love. (I'm sure the singles who live there now thought we were super creepy walking through and taking pictures...)
Happy happy happy memories.
At some point in Provo we ate at Cafe Rio. A must.
Next we paid homage to our alma mater and looked around to see what's new.
We had heard about the Jimmer craze on campus, but it was funny to see it in person.
We ended our BYU tour sitting on the grass in front of our favorite building (The Maeser of course) reading the Daily Universe and pretending we were students again for five minutes. It felt good.
Next we hiked past Bridal Veil Falls along our beloved Provo River trail.
Our last stop in Provo was for MY FAVORITE BURGER & FRIES ON THE PLANET. Burgers Supreme. If you're still on the fence about fry sauce, go here, order the #4 Cheeseburger meal, get extra fry sauce for your fries, (they even have Diet Dr. Pepper on tap), and you'll be converted. We were happy to meet Tyler's old roommate Logan there.
After our lovely tour of Utah County, we headed north to Bountiful to spend a few days with my dad's parents and my mom who flew out to meet us. I love being with Grammy & Grandad. They have so much to share and are so funny too! They really enjoyed Caleb and were so cute with him. At this point in Caleb's life he had taken a few steps on his own, but refused to really walk. However, he spent hours pushing chairs around the porch and his stroller around the lawn. It was great entertainment.
I love this one. I can't believe how much baby chub Caleb has already lost since then!
Now watch out. Here's the best picture of the whole bunch. This will be printed and framed.
While in Bountiful my mission trainer and great friend Andi came to visit with her twins. We had yet to meet each others' kids and it was great fun!
Our last city to visit was Logan. On our way we stopped at Costa Vida for lunch. (Truly, I like it better than Cafe Rio - better pork, better dressing, and the best Horchata). In Logan we stayed with my dad's sister and her family (so fun, thank you!) where, I have to mention, we slept on the most glorious mattress ever created, and had a fun time seeing the sites of Aggie Land. Jackie gave us a tour of campus. (She is an expert at this point.)
The legend of the A is pretty funny. Apparently my sister is a true Aggie.
We're making an A, can't you tell?
Even though I thoroughly enjoyed Jackie as a little kid, it sure is fun to be sisters as adults.
Together we ate some of the yummiest toast at Hazel's Bakery on campus, had ice cream at the Gossner dairy, watched my cousin play lacrosse at Skyview HS, ate lunch at Kimi's favorite place Juniper, perused Jackie's favorite used bookstore Books of Yesterday, stocked up at the Pepperidge Farm outlet, and then fed the ducks at First Dam. It was quite a day! Logan is really beautiful.
Lastly we had dinner with all the Reeders at Kamin Thai Restaurant which was delicious and fun.
We had such a great trip with our boy and seeing all the people we love.
Thanks to everyone who welcomed us into their homes and made time to see us. It was a blast!













































great photos. so are you in the photography business now? I noticed a little trademark symbol on the corners:) looks like you had tons of fun! don't you just love summer?!
ReplyDelete1. Your pictures all look SO good!
ReplyDelete2. Caleb is still the cutest little boy ever.
3. I want your super cute ruffle skirt.
4. You make me miss Provo. And Chatsworth. And Cafe Rio.
5. Now that you're back, we'll have to swing over to PA to visit REALLY soon!
3 things...
ReplyDelete1. Caleb looks sooo stinkin handsome in that suit!
2. Your dress you had on for the wedding was beautiful and you look great in it!
3. All you people obsessed with cafe rio...I have yet to understand it. I guess its good, but someday I will take you to a REAL Arizona hole in the wall taco/burrito shop and you will see the light! :)
Love these! Can I print pictures off this??
ReplyDeleteI love Caleb in that suit and dress shoes! So cute!
ReplyDeletefun times wish we were in burley so we could have seen you. Totally forgot about Burger Supreme and now because of you I'm craving it. Caleb is dang cute. Hope all is well, btw you look great!!
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to catch up on your family, Nicole. Caleb is getting so big and is cuter than ever. We love Logan--our child, but also the city!--too. We always walk to first dam from my parents house and love eating Aggie Ice Cream, and at Fredrico's. I keep wanting to visit the PF outlet, too.
ReplyDelete