Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's a BOY!

Yup, you read it right!  Spring will bring a new baby boy into our family. We are totally excited.


I know some of you are thinking that I'm actually disappointed, because deep down I thought my baby was a girl.  Truthfully, I'm completely surprised.  When the ultrasound tech suddenly went from brain pictures to between his wide open legs, I was stunned.  The evidence was clear as day, so there's no doubt we have a little man on our hands.  I really was nearly speechless for the rest of the ultrasound, but it's sinking in now.  I was totally surprised.

However, I was never disappointed.  I love the idea of two boys close together, and would even be okay with all boys.  I feel a sense of relief that I don't need all new clothes and toys and stuff.  I can simply buy a new thing here or there when I love it, but only when I want - I'm covered.  I'm totally intimidated by hair bows and girl accessories, so that's a stress relief.  There are a few new baby items I'd like, but I would have wanted those with either gender.

Of course Tyler is excited as visions of sports dance through his merry head.  Most of all, we are very happy that he looks completely healthy at this point.  He is measuring about a week ahead of his due date, but Caleb did that too and came late, so I'm just taking it as a sign that he's healthy, but not an omen of an early departure from pregnancy.

We are so happy to have our little family grow.  We know there will be some stress and sleepless nights, but the joy is worth it.  We can't wait.

Here's another little picture of our thoughtful little boy angel.

10 comments:

  1. Nicole I am so excited for you! I am thrilled to also have two boys in a row. I think they will have so much fun. I was at a friend's house the other day looking at her nursery. She is due with her 2nd girl any day. She had a HUGE wall hanging with TONS and TONS of hair bow accessories. It totally overwhelmed me just looking at it. :) I am glad I don't have to think about that for a little longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats nicole! that is sooo exciting. cute little brothers. that will be SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I had the same experience with Jackson. I was convinced that he was a girl. Zac and I had both had very vivid dreams about a baby girl. Then came the ultrasound...I too shocked. My mom said I was dreaming of my next child. Ha ha I tell her. You will be a awesome mom of two. Are you guys going to get a sweet double stroller?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! How exciting! Another cute little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So exciting. We love having two little boys. Spencer loves to dress up like Batman and then put his Superman cape on Gavin so they can fight the bad guys together. I hope your pregnancy's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for boys!! I am loving life with 2 boys and I'm sure you will too. I totally agree about not having to buy new things, it's been so nice reusing Tae's old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that second picture! SO CUTE!! You really will have so much fun with your little men. I can't wait to see how much he'll look like Caleb and what his name will be! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole! I'm so excited for you guys! I seriously think 2 of the same gender to start would be kind of ideal... ESPECIALLY when they're born in the exact same season! Please please come visit us as soon as you're in Columbus next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, I know I posted on here like last week so I don't know where it is but YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I am so happy for you guys and for Caleb to have a little brother!! Congratulations! You make cute boys so I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Another boy, so exciting. Our babes will be so close in age! (again!) Hope you are feeling well.. any chance you will be out for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete