Sunday, January 1, 2012

Independence Day

July 4, 2007 is the day Tyler and I cite as the day we fell in love.  So naturally our nation's holiday has become extra special to us.  Every year we try to live the day to the max and have lots of fun.

We began the day with a breakfast brunch picnic with lots of our dental friends.






 

Caleb and I got to play at the park after we ate.



Of course I wore my hair the same as I did that day 4 years previously.   Double braids: Tyler's favorite.  Turns out their Caleb's favorite too cause it makes it so easy for him to hold my hair.  (Yes, he's still obsessed.)




Next we biked the river trail to downtown to watch some riverboat races.  Caleb fell asleep in the trailer and looked so uncomfortable.  Poor boy!!  We had to fiddle with the straps after this.  I'll spare you the pictures of us in our bike helmets and riding shorts. :)


But he woke up for the races!  Only got a couple of pictures here.




After that we headed to the splash park to cool off!  Boy do I miss the splash park outings now that it's winter!



After the splash park we headed to our Bishop's house for their annual ward party: potluck dinner and watching the Lebo fireworks display.  It was so fun even though we did get a little tiny bit rained on.  I remember we tried to take some pictures there, but none of them turned out.

Caleb managed to stay awake for the fireworks, but he didn't like them!  He was crying/yelling/upset/loud enough that I spent the fireworks show pacing through the yard trying to quiet him.  Unfortunately, it didn't really work.  Someone was trying to video record the whole show and I'm pretty sure Caleb ruined it!  Oh well.  I tried. 

After all that playing we drug ourselves into bed grateful for another day of independence celebration together!

No comments:

Post a Comment