Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Three Wonderful Boys

Tomorrow Tyler begins Naval Officer Training in Rhode Island.  I'm so proud of him!  Friday he was commissioned as a Lieutenant in the US Navy.  His days are to begin at 0500 and end by 1700 (as they put it) and besides the physical training, he has these academics to master: Naval Leadership, Naval Administration, Naval Organization, Sea Power, Military Law, Military Indoctrination, Naval Warfare and Damage Control.  Can you believe they actually title a class "Military Indoctrination??"  I seriously wish I could sit in; I'm so curious!!  The training lasts 5 weeks, after which he will begin fixing the teeth of all those Marine Corps recruits in South Carolina.

While Daddy is away, the little boys and I are hanging out with Grandad, Grandma, Uncle Cory and the dog in Oregon.  Our big outing today was a walk to the dollar store to buy bubbles.  Caleb actually rode on our new Sit & Stand stroller (thank you H & E for convincing him it's cool!) and this little scene unfolded on the way home.  The video misses the best of it, but you can see a bit here.  (Watch it, it's only 7 seconds long, albeit poor cell phone quality.)



Luke is a big smiler lately and his smiles are very easy to come by.  He's laughing now too, but nobody can get him to laugh as easily as Caleb can.  I'm not really sure what Caleb actually does that's so funny, but Luke just thinks he's hilarious! I love it.

My biggest job during these 5 weeks is do all I can to help my 3 boys be happy and manage all the change going on in our lives.... but after everyone's in bed I'm hoping to blog blog blog!!  We have a zillion things to catch up on, so get ready.

2 comments:

  1. That video is too precious! And I can't wait to read all your blog posts...don't disappoint yo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to be there to hang out with you guys!!!! AHH!!!!

    ReplyDelete