The next day we drove all day and stayed just over the border in North Carolina that night. Sunday afternoon we drove into our new town and right up to our rental house. We were really happy to find that it was just a beautiful in person as the pictures were online!
The one disappointment was that the smell told us that a dog has lived here. :-/ Had I known that, I probably would have picked our second choice, but oh well. Otherwise we love the house.
The owners called us the week before we moved in and asked if it would be okay if they left the swing set.... um, YES! (They also left ALL the blinds and curtains. SO NICE!)
We LOVE our walk-in closet, especially Tyler, since his clothes can now be in the same room as him.
We didn't get our stuff from storage for a couple of days so we slept in sleeping bags and pack n plays... This was nap time before we got the blow-up mattress out. (We could have stayed in a hotel, but I am just so stinking cheap!)
Occasionally Caleb takes slightly descend photos...? Hanging out on the floor pre-stuff.
Our second day here Caleb broke Southern Outside Play Rule #1: Don't put your hand in a fire ant pile. They fluff the dirt making this perfect little pile that is VERY enticing for little ones... at least until they bite you. Now he knows to steer clear. He got 13 bites on this little hand and one on his foot which has left a scar! It was so sad.
Once our stuff finally came we kind of wish it hadn't! Our house was a serious mess for a while. Poor Caleb couldn't even find a clean place to play!
Sweet Luke kept us smiling through it all - just watching all the action from the Bumbo.




Oh Nicole! Your house is a dream! I am more than slightly envious of that BIG backyard on FLAT ground! And you are so smart to order food to your hotel room. Next time we travel I am sooo doing that. It makes way more since than bring the kids to a sit down place! Curb-side take away, here I come!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a nice house! It is super cute. And isn't a good cry when you move like that just relieving sometimes? :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful house. where are you exactly?
ReplyDeleteYeah, the house looks great! Poor little Caleb; I can't believe he got bitten that many times. :( You guys look like you're doing well. We miss you!
ReplyDeleteThe house and especially THE YARD look awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteYour house and especially your YARD look awesome!!!
ReplyDelete