Friday, November 16, 2012

The Perfect Saturday

A few weeks ago we had the perfect Saturday together as a family.  It started with a yummy breakfast in our PJs and getting some chores done while we all slowly got dressed and ready.  We headed to a local lunch joint we've been told we had to try called Moondoggies.

 Our appetizer was FABULOUS!  I will go back just for that.  But our sandwiches were only average.

We sat next to these big beautiful windows so I could resist snapping a pic of this handsome baby.

This double-deck style house is so common here and made for a beautiful resturant.  The murals inside are very pretty.

Next we headed to The Sands, our closest beach, and walked the boardwalk.  We chatted with people along the way catching crab.  We climbed the observation tower which gives a great view of Parris Island where Tyler works and the surrounding area.  So pretty.

Caleb had so much fun running over the water on this long dock.  There is SOO much water around here - ocean, rivers, lakes and ponds, that while we are out driving Caleb's favorite thing right now is to spot and identify bodies of water. "Water Mommy! Water!  I see water!  More water!!"  It's very exciting you see.

THEN it was MY TURN for excitement!  I spotted dolphins!!  Just 20ish feet away from us the water! There were a bunch.  I guess right there is brackish water - where salt and fresh meet - and somehow that means lots of food for the dolphins so they like to hang out there.  So the locals don't think it's that cool, but I do!!! I've never been that close to a dolphin before, not even in a zoo.  They were so pretty and fun to watch!

The landscapes really are pretty here.

Thank you Stranger, for taking our photo.  Too bad Luke slept through it all.

Hey Handsome.

Caleb is also obsessed with jumping lately.  He hops all day long!

There is our little hoodlum - awake for the car ride home.


We made some yummy dinner and had a movie night!  I got Mary Poppins from the library and we watched with Caleb while Luke napped.  Caleb had never seen it before and he really liked it.  It really is still a fabulous movie.

Finding perfect family activities that are fun for us and our very small children, especially in this small town, is sometimes hard, but that day we did it!  And it was wonderful.  I love being together as a family.


3 comments:

  1. Love this post! But sadly it just makes me miss you guys even more. :( Glad you had a fun day together as a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me happy. And your pictures are beautiful. And your family the cutest ever. And I'm sad that you don't live closer to us now, but maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dolphins sound amazing! Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete