Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Can I Change My Mind?

Hi Friends & Family,

I miss blogging.  Surprised?  I don't miss the stress of feeling behind on my blog, but I miss writing.  My current career as a full-time mom of a 3-year-old boy and a 1-year-old boy doesn't require me to write much, like almost none at all.  I believe there is power in the written word to elevate, motivate and inspire - all things I need.  I read through a bunch my older posts and (while I wasn't particularly impressed with my writing) I remembered the thought that I put into my words and I missed the process.

After kids entered my life my blog turned into a photo-sharing site and I quit really writing.  Since joining Instagram my need to share current photos of my boys is fulfilled!  But my desire to write and elevate my thoughts thereby is left wanting.

So I'm starting again.

Not because I think I am a great writer waiting to be discovered, but just because I want to.  I want to direct my life intentionally rather than reacting to the demands placed on me each day.  I want to remember my light-bulbs and be deep and think hard.

I'm not going to try to cover everything nor will I require myself to write regularly.  But the blog can be here for me whenever I want to use it.

For my grand reopening, a poem.  Good? Probably not.  Sincere? Yes.


Welcome Weight

the welcome weight of his sweet head on my chest
the peaceful cadence of his breath
his ear over my heart hears the familiar beat

one hand rests on my belly, the other on my arm, knowing there is no need to cling
his chubby legs curl in my lap
he sinks into me and I hold him, staying ever so still

my whole body longs to remember how this feels forever.

he sleeps knowing he is safe and loved and perfect
he will wake happy without a care in the world

i love providing that

so many responsibilities are difficult to carry,
but this weight is welcome,
oh so welcome

5 comments:

  1. YES PLEASE COME BACK!

    I have missed your posts- both thoughtful writing and updates about your family. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for blogging!! I'm excited to read more of your posts. Also, loved the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you decided not to be done! And how did I not realize you were on instagram? We need to be IG friends so I can see all of these pictures you speak of. I hope California is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Poem! I like that you are finding time to write.

    ReplyDelete