Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's a...

BOY!

We are so thrilled!  Our baby was very happy to be photographed yesterday.  He wasn't shy at all.  (Hooray that my nightmare didn't come true!)  The ultrasound tech got all the images she needed, without any trouble, and our little man made it very clear that he is a boy.

He also looked perfectly healthy as far as our tech could tell.  The images will be reviewed by a radiologist as well as by my doctor and we will go over them, along with the rest of our genetic testing, on Monday.  If there's any news, we'll share.  But so far he looks good; smaller than our other two, but good.

~ The Story ~

Caleb, Luke and I went out to a special lunch before the doctor and while there I asked Caleb once again whether our baby was a boy or girl.  For months his answer was girl, but the last few days he's been adamant that our baby is a boy.  So just an hour before the ultrasound he empathically answered, "He's a BOY Mom!"  After he said it I felt this rush of emotion and suddenly wanted three adorable little  boys SO BAD.  I have such handsome little men; how could I not want another?  Three boys and me just suddenly sounded like the perfect thing.

I felt it so strongly that I texted Tyler and our parents about it. My simple phone sometimes can't handle group texts and the message only went through to Tyler.  I had to wonder if it was an omen and my phone had saved me from eating my words.  But I still felt so excited about having three boys.

We made our way to the hospital and Tyler met us there.  We were a full 30 minutes early; I was so anxious to get in there!  Of course, a mom of three boys chatted with us while we waited.  How many moms have I met (besides my friends!) that have three boys since Luke was born?  I can't even count - there have been so many!  I should have known.

The boys did okay in the ultrasound.  It was so cool that Caleb understood.  We marched right through it because the baby was so cooperative.  He jumped, waved, looked right at us, and even pushed against the wand once.  We even got to watch him suck his little thumb!  How cute is that?!  Lastly, she told us he's a boy. Tyler's first thought was: I knew it.  Mine: I laughed and was so happy.  I felt relief that he's healthy and that I don't have to figure out something new!

I was kind of giddy on the way out and couldn't help kissing Tyler in his uniform (we go to the Naval Hospital on base so he has to wear his khaki uniform) and telling random people.  THREE SONS!  We're going to have THREE SONS!



~ In Other News ~

The kids and I woke up early and watched White Christmas for the second time this week (Luke's choice, holla Kim & Caitlin!)  Our shopping is done, Christmas cards all sent and now it's just time to play.  Merry Christmas everyone!!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, guys! That is so fun!!! Do you want to use some of the boy names I love and will probably never get to use? ;)

    ReplyDelete