Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My New Fun: Origami Owl

Back in October I started having this nagging, exciting idea that I just couldn't kick.  I fought it, I researched it, I discussed it, I dreamt about it, and finally I just couldn't resist anymore.  I decided to become an Origami Owl Custom Jewelry Independent Designer!  (Was that a long enough title?)

I have loved their products for over a year now, but didn't really consider designing with them until I looked into the company a bit more.  Everything I found was positive, transparent, straight-forward, beautiful, fun, well-done ... I just liked it more and more!  So even though I have never worked in retail or jewelry, I decided Origami Owl, with their mission to "Be a Force for Good" was just something I wanted to be part of.  I love it.



Now just two months in, I spent more time and enjoy it even more than I thought I would!  Benefits:

  • I'm meeting amazing, inspiring people!
  • I have talked to more extended family members, both on Tyler's side and my side, in the last two months than during any other two months of my life (reunion excluded :)). 
  • I stretch myself and feel a little bit of accomplishment by doing so.
  • I get to wear and share beautiful jewelry that is also meaningful!  
  • I get to be part of those happy moments when one human creates a gift for another.
  • I get to explore my creative side that is very often ignored!
  • I am learning new skills/software (like PicMonkey - awesome!) and practicing old ones (like keeping a Balance Sheet).
  • I make new friends.
  • I feel like a professional again from time to time.
  • I'm part of a company that celebrates paying it forward, giving to others, strengthening faith, and sharing the love.
  • I'm earning a bit of extra money to help us pay off car debt, save for buying our own home, and occasionally taking my boys out to a fancy Chick-Fil-A lunch.
  • BEST OF ALL: I get to do all this in the in-between moments of full-time mothering without missing out on a thing.  
I really do love it!  So I just had to share.  If you want to see our products go to my personal website: www.nicolejo.origamiowl.com You can also shop, learn about hosting a party and even join my growing team of designers!

If you want to see some of my personal designs and follow my deals, like me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/origamiowlnicolejo 

No comments:

Post a Comment