
So my snooze button is my new best friend. For some reason we have serious affinity for each other lately... Apparently my clever little brain has caught on to this trend: it's started a new reoccurring dream. It goes like this:
Alarm goes off. I push snooze. Back to sleep; the dream begins.
While turning off my alarm, I greet the day with the thought of smile (I'm too asleep still to actually make one). I climb out of bed and begin my routine: I hop in a warm, inviting shower, I daftly dress a great outfit, my husband acknowledges my keen sense of style, I actually do my hair, I apply my mak
BEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is that hideous ... THING?!
Oh, my alarm.
Then my fuzzy little brain realizes that I'm not actually ready for the day, and haven't even started! I don't know what my cute outfit is going to be, and I have ten less minutes to figure it out!!
When all that thinking haze becomes clear to my heart, it sinks. What a way to start my day! Dreams are supposed to be happy!!
Is my brain trying to be clever, but just isn't? Is it trying to live my life without my body? Or maybe it's trying to scare me away from the snooze button with this awful dream-to-life experience. Whichever way, my brain is trying to out-wit me, and I'm not sure that I like it.
On man, I miss my snooze button. It hasn't seen my finger in months! Landon is my alarm clock now. I wish he had a snooze button!
ReplyDelete