It was the most wonderful feeling. Remember how you felt when you got on the bus in elementary school on Friday afternoon? Or the Friday before Spring Break?!! Remember the first day each spring/summer when your mom would let you wear shorts? Or the days in college when it's sunny and beautiful outside, but you go to class anyways, just to find a note on the door that says class is canceled?! REMEMBER THAT FEELING!?!
That's what I was feeling yesterday. To be honest, it was completely undeserved. Yes, the sun was shining, but it was about 20 degrees F. Yes, we got out early, but only by an hour. Nevertheless, my little heart decided it was just as good as all those experience listed above. So, we started brainstorming: What could we do with this wonderful afternoon? The following conversation ensued.
"We should go get milkshakes!!" I exclaimed.
"It's 20 degrees outside!" Tyler rebuttaled.
"Hmmm. We could go play tennis!"
"It's 20 degrees outside!"
"We could find an indoor court!"
"Where?"
"I don't know...[sigh] ... We could go shopping."
"Okay." he agrees.
"But we don't have anything we want to buy. And we're trying to save money."
"Yea."
Silence.
"Well, we could go to Costco and get a Costco pizza!" Tyler says.
"Okay!" I respond, excited again.
"We can get samples too!" he says sweetening the deal.
"Great! Let's go!"

So we went to Costco. Of course we had to get a few more things besides just a pizza (including my first salmon fillet - yum! I hope I can cook it well!). It was so much fun! What is it about Costco? I don't know, but we just love it! On our way out, I bought an ice cream despite the low temperature outside, and Tyler got a churro because of the temperature. He ate half of my ice cream on the way home. Let's be honest: it's never too cold for ice cream.
After getting home we cooked our pizza, checked the mail, and watched a movie. It was so fun! We've turned into boring old married people... it's simply true, but I don't care. We're still having the time of our lives!
Girl, I have to agree with you. After Disneyland, Costco is right there! To end if off with a movie--those are the good days.
ReplyDelete