Memorial Day weekend we were able to get away for a bit to see some of our dear BYU friends in Hershey! (We also got to see Gettysburg which has warranted its own post.)
Shelley and I were roommates for one great summer and Nancy was our roommate as well, although she didn't technically hold a contract there. :)

Nancy and Scott live in the chocolate town along with Shelley & Kimball's relatives. We stole Shelley & Kimball away from their family reunion for a bit so we could all have a lovely, yummy dinner at Nancy & Scott's.
The tree painting on the wall is Nancy's very own handy work - she's very talented!

All of us were dating our would-be husbands while we lived together. Another roommates was dating her hubby too. It was craziness that summer and there were always fresh flowers on our kitchen table. :) Tyler and I were at our apartment when both of the couples returned from THE PROPOSALS. It was so fun to be there to celebrate with them. Ty and I got engaged a few weeks after they were all married.
Here's another one of the 3 girls and their 2 babies on the way!It was really so fun to spend time with people who have known us for a while. I wish we all lived a little closer - it was very fun to be together!
After dinner Nancy & Scott took us to see Hershey's headquarters.
They have this cool ride that shows you how chocolate is made. It was totally cheesy but we were in such a good mood that it was nothing but fun.
Tyler even took a picture of the singing cows. Multiple pictures actually - I'll spare you.
At the end there is a ginormous gift shop with everything Hershey. Even a seductive chocolate Barbie.
I have to say, though, this Hershey experience was about more than chocolate because Hershey the company is about more than chocolate. A large part of their profits go to supporting a boarding school for disadvantaged children. From all I have heard it is a tremendous school and I was very impressed and actually touched to hear all that Milton Hershey tried to do to benefit society through business.
It makes me want to buy more Hershey!
yummy. Isn't it fun to live on the east coast, at least for awhile?:)
ReplyDeleteHey! Hershey is right by my husbands hometown! I do feel a tiny bit guilty that we still haven't visited... but it looks like you guys had a blast.
ReplyDeleteIt was so great to have you! Thanks for posting the pictures, too. Come back any time.
ReplyDeleteI love that the "roller coaster" ride doesn't even have seat belts! haha... must have been a pretty wild ride, eh? Good thing they took your pics so they could capture the intensity. :) Just kidding. How fun, though! And yes, I TOTALLY remember the tree-jumping! ..... and the rock wall climbing.... and the balance beam maze.... and the zip line. Weird to think how none of us really knew each other then. haha.
ReplyDeleteNicole,
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Isn't Hershey a great place? I am so glad we got to see you and Tyler there! You are wonderful people and make a very cute husband and wife!