I am super proud of Nicole. You see, sometimes Nicole has what she calls 'little fears in her heart.' Most of the time, it is fear of the unknown. Well that applies to this situation as well. We were out on the Jensen's boat and we had all taken turns wakeboarding. I'm sure Nicole would have been completely content to just stay in the boat on what is turning out to be the last nice Saturday of the summer.
But noooooo. Somehow, we were able to convince her, and she stood up, determined to accomplish what she had never tried before. So she jumped in the water, SURFBOARD in hand. That's right, Nicole was going surfing! And guess what, it only took her 3 tries to get up. Can you see the pure excitement on her face?!?! Now magnify that by 10x and you'll have an idea of what I looked like during the whole thing.


She got up, we got the pictures, and could have climbed back into the boat as a participating champion. But then someone said, "If you can surf that easy, wakeboarding will be a cinch. You should try."
The triumph must have chased all the fear from her heart because she quickly answered, "Sure give me the wakeboard; I'll try that too I guess."
So we throw her the wakeboard, and after another 3 attempts, she's up on that too!!!! None of us on the boat have ever seen anyone get up as fast as she did. Especially for someone who has never ridden any board before in her life (except for one first date on a long board from which she has scars).

So now, the next time we go out, she knows she has no excuses. We've seen her ride. There is photographic evidence. And next time we're in Hawaii, and I'm going to go surfing, I'll just say, "Come on Surfer-babe Wifey, you've done this before." :)
You kept mentioning that you have "pictures to prove it" yet I saw none. I would say that I'll believe it when I see it, but I knew from the first time I saw Nicole's mad Microsoft Office skills that she had the potential to achieve even greater feats than that of being on any kind of boards. So this comes to me as no surprise. Congrats, Nicole! And Tyler, I hope your boards went well!
ReplyDeleteHere they are Britt! The pictures tell the true story - much less impressive than he made it sound!!
ReplyDeleteNicole, what are you doing to our gender? Now all these boys are going to start expecting us to be so courageous . . . and then be amazing at it!?!
ReplyDeleteYou rock!!
Hey I'm impressed!! I have to say I have never wakeboarded and don't find any thrill in being whipped about behind a boat. Actually I take that back bk(before kids I water skiied) the old fashion way. but I have no pix proof as you have so you just have to take my word. Keep these pix I find they come in handy everyonce in awhile to prove a point. Lol. My goal is to get a kayak and quietly under my own power go out to Whiskeytown lake. It may take a few years but it is on my list. When it happens I'll take you out. It is a great way to see the lake in all of its serenity. So great job. I noticed your weather temps dropped- so did ours. Cooler days are upon us.
ReplyDeleteKim
Yup. I knew could do it Nicole. And yes Mary, your turn is next....
ReplyDeleteI think it's cute that he's so proud of you! You picked a good one Nicole:) and he didn't do so badly himself:)
ReplyDeleteWay to go Nicole! Joslyn loves her blanket, thanks again.
ReplyDelete