Tyler is taking his first round of National Boards RIGHT NOW. I can hardly concentrate on work because my mind and heart are full of happy and prayerful thoughts for my man! What are National Boards, you ask? Oh, just a little eight hour test that decides whether or not he can continue studying dentistry, that's all.
All of his professional hopes and dreams just happen to rest on his success at this very moment. No biggy. Not to mention our financial future - the entire well-being of our little family. Minor details.
Our substitute janitor at work was in the Navy as a young man and is convinced that if Tyler doesn't pass, that the Navy will swear him in as a seaman to pay back his dental scholarship, and send him out in the depths of the Pacific for inordinate amounts of time. No officership. No dentistry. Lots of water.
I for one, however, don't believe that the Navy is really the devil in disguise as dear Tim does, and just happen to know the real facts. In truth, if Tyler doesn't blow them out of the water today (haha), then he has up to two more chances to pass the thing before they show him the door at Pitt Dental.
More importantly, I'm pretty darn sure he's going to pass. He's been studying almost non-stop for quite a while now, not to mention that he did actually pay attention in his classes this past year. Might help, you know. Tyler is a champ of all kinds (which I totally love about him). He's doing fine I'm sure, but I'm still sending all the happy thoughts I can. Feel free to join me if you'd like. Tyler will surely send happy thank-yous back.
As I pondered the facts above this morning, I decided to force myself to go get my blood drawn for some tests I've been putting off (yucky needles), to officially make it a Johansens Are Brave Day. So I drove over to get it done, my heart-rate accelerating with the car, only to find out that I had to PAY to park at this health care establishment. WHAT?? $4 for an hour or less? This absurdity was enough catalyst to send me in reverse around a blind corner and out of the parking garage. I'll walk next time (... and take Tyler with me). So much for being a brave anxiety-resistant wife. Instead I'll be the wifey whose husband holds her hand through metal-in-flesh and inside-liquids-on-the-outside experiences.
.
.
.
Happy Tyler Is Brave Day!
girl you're making me nervous for dental school! gulp! It's so hard to be the one who's doing the praying and fasting and crossing of fingers while your man takes these tests! ;0)
ReplyDeleteAs for "metal-in-flesh and inside-liquids-on-the-outside experiences"...it made me laugh. Maybe I shouldn't mention that the ONLY thing I miss about ER nursing is drawing blood and putting IVs in! Anyway, I hope Tyler does well and that you muster up the courage to get your blood drawn :)
ReplyDeleteYou are SO funny!! Good luck Tyler! He'll do great no sweat. Let us know!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Tyler!!
ReplyDeleteUhh, so did you have an actual run in/collision? Girl, you are such a crack up.
P.S. So jealous you got Jack! We miss her guts already!!
I'm still laughing! I didn't recall you being the squeamish sort. Good thing you have Tyler!
ReplyDeleteokay, so now that we're all waiting on pins and needles (no pun intended) when will he know for sure? Keep us all posted!
ReplyDelete