Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lincoln City, OR

Next the plane took us to PDX where my dutiful oldest sibling Nick and my sweet youngest sibling Jackie were waiting very late at night to pick us up and drive us to the coast. Yes, the late-night drive involved McDonald's, screeching car brakes, and a potty break on the side of the road (for me). And yes, we made it to our beach house in the wee hours of the morning.

Tyler and I awoke to this on our bed:

All of the posterity of Greg & Sally Newton including in-laws excepting only 2 persons, one of which was taking the picture.

Why you ask? Either because they love us so entirely much and couldn't wait for our arrival OR because the TV playing cartoons was just across from our bed. Not sure.

We spent part of the week with my mom's side of the family and part just our immediate family. Our activities included the Oregon Coast Classics.

CRABBING

Tyler driving the boat.


Jackie & Bridget sitting pretty.
Bridget was an adorable MC of the event with her descriptions of their "scratchy walking" and saying goodbye to the ones that were too small.

Nick & I pulling in the catch and checking for ones that meet the gender & size requirements.

Our catch was probably our best ever at 11 crabs (right?).


Tyler being anxious for meal time!
We still have to boil and clean that guy!


Cleaning out the gills, digestive system, brains and all other non-edible materials.

Sorry, no picture of the feast. I was too busy eating!!


TIDE-POOLING

Cousin Jeff & Daughter Paige - so cute!


Lots of wildlife to see!


Tyler & the Sea Lions. They're really kind of ugly actually. Ha!



Enjoying the view with my mom.


EATING AT MOE'S

The Fam & Stunningly Delicious Seafood


Nephew Cole & I
(No make-up all trip. YES!)


BEING TOGETHER

Sorry Claire, Dave & Syd that you're not in this picture.
It's the biggest group one that I got!


We had such a terrific time on the OR beach too!!!

5 comments:

  1. DANG girl! I wish I looked that good without makeup! Impressive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family always eats at Moes too! Looks like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So much fun! It looks like you had a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I LOVE LOVE that pic in your bed that first morning we were there...Mary freaking wins for most gorgeous wake-up face...GOSH!

    MISS YOU!!

    ReplyDelete