Thursday, August 12, 2010

Four Month Details

Since Sunday was Caleb's actually 4-month birthday, I decided to pull out this beautiful white shirt he hadn't worn yet, even though it still looked a little big, and put on this awesome tie that my friend Lisa made for him. Looks sharp, right?


Well turns out I have no visual spacial reasoning skills AND MY BABY IS GROWING SUPER FAST, cause it doesn't even fit his little arms! I had to unbutton BOTH the sleeve buttons just to get it over his hands. Too bad. It was so cute! (I thought about just rolling the sleeves, but I couldn't de-tag an article that was already technically too small. Just couldn't.)


Oh well, eat the tie, return the shirt, and move on.


Caleb saw his pediatrician on Tuesday for another weigh-in, check-up and more vaccinations. Here are his 4-month stats:

Height: 25.5 in - 75th percentile
Weight: 17 lb, 4 oz - 90th percentile
Head: 17 in - 90th percentile

No wonder he's growing out of his clothes.

He did SO well with the vaccinations! He didn't love the oral one, but he ate it. Then the shots really startled him and made him cry, but he seriously stopped crying within seconds of me picking him up. Seriously. I was so amazed. He was a little cranky and really sleepy that evening and the next day, but overall he did great.

During his mega naps I did this: The Clothing Rotation. Another box of too-small clothes packed away and another wave of new ones to try out!


Our doctor recommended that we slowly begin introducing "solids." Of course they aren't really SOLID, but slightly thicker than my milk, and eaten with a spoon. So last night Caleb enjoyed his first bites of oatmeal! Here's just before the big moment! As you can seen, I'm pretty excited about his whole solids thing.


He did fine for about a couple of minutes, but then he was done. I think he actually swallowed some a couple of times! Here's a video of his first bite. :)

8 comments:

  1. Yay! He did it! Was feeding him solids as exciting as you were hoping!? :) I fed Trey bananas today for the first time... and well, lets just say... he was unimpressed. I managed to get 3 swallows out of him and he was done. He's even mastered the turning his head away part. Silly boy. Oh and remember when we went together to Carter's and both bought those white shirts? Well Trey's is 9 months and yep... too small. Looks like we'll both be returning them. Should we make another date out of it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. What a cutie! I keep meaning to write you an email because I miss you and want to know more than just blog details on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I also love your nursery furniture-- I've been thinking about all of those details lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that was perfect for the first time -no scowl on his face and it actually stayed in. Perfect child - just as we knew he would be. Its in the genes. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, he is such a doll! And you look great too. Enjoy the solid food thing...it is so nice when they start eating more and drinking less! We miss you guys. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. He IS a chunk. I love those eyes of his. I didn't know you were done with work. Was it in the plans, or did you suddenly decide to stop? I don't blame you it's crazy working as a Mom. We should hang out sometime again. I feel like I never see you girls anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a question... how do you make your pictures that size? I like bigger pictures. Also, Tyler- so funny that you knew Laura Lewis from Camp Wild! She talked about Camp Wild a lot so I totally knew what you were talking about!

    ReplyDelete