Summer in Pittsburgh
IN REVIEW
IN REVIEW
When Caleb was about 10 weeks old, we took him swimming for the first time. He pretty much hated it for about 60 seconds, so we ended the torture and he took a nap whilst Tyler and I sunbathed. Overall, not bad.

Not long after that some great friends of ours invited us to a Pirates Skyblast game (which means a live concert and fireworks after the game - best entertainment in town). Of course there was traffic on the way there and Caleb cried (ie screamed) the whole way there. By the time we found our seats it was the 4th inning and I was wishing we never even tried to go. BUT THEN Caleb slept through the entire thing - even the fireworks - and all the way home.

I learned about the storm before the rainbow principle on my mission, and I'm relearning now as a mom. :) As you can see, we ended up having a lot of fun and I was glad we went.

This summer Tyler and some of his classmates dreamt up The Dental School Olympics between Class of 2011 and Class of 2012. Of course with Tyler in charge, soccer was first. Caleb and I were there to cheer him on. Tyler LOVED getting his cleats on again.

Caleb has grown out of his 5x/day newborn pooping routine and has moved on to the big leagues. This was his best blow-out ever.

When he was 2 months old, we took Caleb camping for the first time! I really shouldn't post this picture, because it's not how it was at all. This is basically the only time he cried the whole trip. He was AMAZING! But look at him - he looks hilarious!! He looks like the grumpiest, most hunched-over little old man ever. Of course he's really not, but I just have to laugh at this picture.

The beanie was very useful for nap time. :)

I've been spending a lot more time with these great friends now that I'm a full-time mom and I love it! They are all so great!!

Thanks to Kaylene, the wives of Dental Class 2012 have been getting together to celebrate each others' birthdays since we moved here. So fun! This was July's celebration at my house for Natalie, Brittany and me.

These were the babies present at the occasion. Caleb's actually smiling faintly at the camera, despite the red camera light on his head, and I love K's superhero pose! Remember the three pregnant bellies shot here? Well here are the babies, although not in the right order. K on the right is the oldest, T on the left a month younger than him, and Caleb a month younger yet!

In the last several weeks, Caleb has been loving "standing" and smiling. He loves his play session with Dad everyday when he gets home.

A few weekends ago we ended up at this festival and found this treasure! I LOVE flea markets, and farmers markets and festivals of all kinds. I just love seeing homemade stuff like this. It's always just the best!!

We took Caleb camping a second time at about 3.5 months old. He did great again! This time it was on a lake and Caleb took his first boat ride. He fell asleep on me while on the boat which he pretty much never does anymore. It was so sweet! The lake water was really warm and he actually enjoyed swimming! Unfortunately I only have a post-swimming picture while he's shade-bathing and playing in the rocky beach sand. Once again, he was such a peach on the camping trip. I think we have a serious outdoors-man on our hands.

Since then we've been swimming a few more times and checked out some splash parks. He doesn't exactly squeal with delight in the pool, but he doesn't cry either.

This is such a typical T and Caleb picture - T's grinning like a champion smiler, and Caleb's just mellow yellow.

The last two weeks we've been working really hard on Caleb playing independently and rolling over - both of which mean time on the floor! And he's doing SO good! The first couple of days I started putting him down a lot were hard and he fussed a lot. Since then he's come a long ways and I really think it's helping him be more content and happy overall. We like it! PLUS he rolled BOTH WAYS FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY! Twice tummy to back for me during the day, then when Ty was trying to get him to do it for him in the evening, he rolled back to tummy! Yea!! Who knew I could be so proud of something so simple?

We went to another Pirates game, this time just us three. And this time Caleb watched the first 8 innings before falling asleep! It's amazing how fast they change!!

Isn't Pittsburgh a beautiful city? It's been a great summer!
Your family is so cute! I'm glad you have found such a great group of friends in Pittsburgh. Nothing could beat that!
ReplyDeletehahaha I LOVE the camping picture! So glad you posted that one!
ReplyDeleteYeah! What a fun summer. Way to live it up.
ReplyDeleteAnd the blow out pic--priceless.