After the program we were served salad, then dinner, then dessert. Despite the opening prayer in the program, our own table said a collective prayer over our food. Once dinner was done and cleared the dancing and mingling began again. Tyler and I danced a few songs then got a message from our babysitter (at about 9:45pm) that Caleb was still up and refused to go to bed, so then we left. But I can't tell you how amazing it was to walk down Savannah's boardwalk on Tyler's arm while he was in full uniform (white hat not pictured below because it's for outdoors only). Everyone in the elevators and other exchanges thank him for his service and I feel so humbled to be part of the force that keeps us free and safe. I truly love it.
I wish we would have gotten a better one of the two of us... next time!
The three credentialing Marine dentists this year: Nick, Tyler & Chris. Nick was a classmate of Tyler's in Pittsburgh and Chris was with him at ODS in June. It's nice to work with people with whom he has extra connections.
I may have been the only woman under 60 wearing sleeves, but I didn't care. I was comfortable and I think my dress was pretty! Here with the Falls.
Tyler, Captain Christopher (his commanding officer), Nick
No comments:
Post a Comment