Okay, I'm behind again...
Thanksgiving was such a treat! My parents came to visit for a week or so. We showed them around town and just had a lot of fun. Caleb especially was in love with all the attention and playtime with two of his favorite people.
 |
| Grandma came to storytime at the library - a highlight of our week! |
 |
| Met Tyler & Nick at Traditions on base for lunch. Caleb always loves to see "Misk." |
 |
| Took walks through our wonderfully walk-freindly neighborhood. |
 |
| Grandma, a true lover of all things children, got up early with our early bird. |
 |
At some point during our Thanksgiving dinner preparations, I looked over to see this. :) (Sometimes putting your pants back on after using the toilet is so much work! Don't you think?) |
 |
| My two turkeys with the Christmas treat balls Grandma & Grandad brought from Savannah, just before our Thanksgiving feast. |
 |
As it should be, the men were in charge of the bird. They did a wonderful job. Also, the paper turkey behind him is officially a new family tradition. We made it on a whim whilst trying to entertain Caleb with Thanksgiving-ish stuff before our meal and I fell in love with it. The feathers of the bird are made with a cut-out traced hand of each person at our Thanksgiving table. I want to make one each year and use our turkeys to decorate each year for Thanksgiving. Imagine the memories in 20 years! I love it. |
 |
| Our Thanksgiving Feast, minus Luke who was sleeping, at least for the start. |
 |
| Once we were all stuffed, we took a walk down the Boardwalk at the Sands. It was super bright and deliciously cool, but not cold with a warm sun on your skin. Perfect post-meal activity. |
 |
| I have missed the joy & excitement of fall and spring this year, but I have relished talking walks ALL YEAR LONG. |
Black Friday did find us hitting the outlets for about 90 minutes on our way down to Hilton Head. We got there about 10am which was perfect. The crazies were already home sleeping, but we caught the pre-noon sales and somehow there weren't many people there. I got some cute matchy-matchy outfits for my boys, then we high-tailed it out of there before our day was lost to shopping.
 |
| At the beach, we found some rainbow ice-cream, can you tell? |
 |
| We drove right to the end of Hilton Head Island and found this beautiful Marina with stunning boats docked up and dozens of rocking chairs scattered amongst the stores. Lovely place. |
 |
| Of course we walked the beach. How can you not when it's Thanksgiving and not too cold? |
 |
| There is something therapeutic about hearing the waves and feeling the sand. |
Saturday was time to start Christmas! We went shopping for our tree at this cute little farm not far away.
 |
| How can Christmas be less than perfect with these two? |
 |
| Another thing I love about living in the south is the open Christianity everywhere. Great note from the farm owners! |
 |
| Sunday we went to church sporting our Christmas outfits. Mom & Dad helped us take our Christmas photo. This isn't it because it's a little blurry, but I love everyone's smiles. |
Thanks for coming Mom & Dad! We had a wonderful time!
Oh man, I have so much to catch up on with blogging. I get overwhelmed thinking about it. I loved this post! I wanted to comment on so many pictures. I love the one of Caleb at the table with no pants/underwear on. So funny! Also the one of you and your two boys on Thanksgiving was so cute. You look so pretty! :) The paper turkey you made with tracing everyone's hands is such a good idea. I may just have to steal it. :) So glad we could talk to you today on Skype. We'll have to do more of that. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are just toooooo cute!
ReplyDelete