Friday, September 18, 2009

FREEDOM

It's been 3 days, 17 hours and 4 minutes since Tyler returned from that test and FREEDOM ever since!! He won't receive his score for a couple more weeks, so now we live in ignorant bliss, and love it! What have we done with all this good time on our hands??

Monday:
  1. Made the best quesadillas we've EVER made. Two kinds of cheese, BBQ chicken, mushrooms, green onions, and tomatoes all topped with sour cream ... YUM!
  2. Did yard work. The first thing Tyler wanted to do when he got home for Boards was YARD WORK. Um, you are too good to be true.
  3. Watched the US Open Final - GO DEL POTRO! That was something to watch! And seriously, I know you usually behave Roger, but that cursing pop-off to the referee was terrible. Lost a little bit of my fan-hood.

Tuesday:
  1. Work/School.
  2. Golf for Tyler. Work for me.
  3. Tennis together!! Our first time on CLAY courts! We didn't figure out how to slide though. We got to run the rakes over the court to smooth out our footprints, but the coolness of it wore out after about 3 feet.
  4. Institute with Jackie. A. Brother Webb is a great teacher. B. The Smiths feed you FREE PREPARED dinner before the class and it was yummy. C. Does it get any better than that??

Wednesday:

We spent the evening with Owen & Oliver since their parents were at the hospital with their new little brother.
  1. They are totally cute beyond words.
  2. They don't do anything wrong ever.
  3. They don't complain about going to bed.
  4. Did I mention how cute they are??
  5. I got to sing, "Puff the Magic Dragon."
  6. Owen showed me how to draw a killer treasure map: slides, rocks, mushroom forests... wow. (I wish I had a picture of it!)
  7. We played Mario Cart after they were asleep.
  8. Somehow all of this fun counts as a good deed.

Thursday:
  1. We were boring. Tyler studied for his test. BUT I did all the laundry and gave my bathroom the best scrub-down it's had in a while. My shower was SO delicious this morning! Racheal's ultra-clean house on Wednesday inspired me.
  2. Jackie has really taken to her new life with us.
  3. It was National Constitution Day! My teacher-friend SB reminded me. What a terrible thing to forget, because seriously, I LOVE THE CONSTITUTION. I just wished we followed it a little more. This should help you remember the beauty. There's nothing like freedom.



Today:
  1. Work/School.
  2. Blood work with Tyler at lunch along with another appointment I'll tell you about later.
  3. For the record, I usually willingly extend my arm for all needle-poking, but I have a 100% history of PASSING OUT when I give blood, and with how many tests are going to be done, I was worried about fainting alone.
  4. For Mary: Unlike my courage, my driving skills didn't fail me on Monday. The car is intact.
  5. We are going to a Pirates game tonight!! $1 hot dogs and free fleece blankets at the door. Everyone should have a losing professional sports team in their city!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you survived your needle-poking. I still feel bad about you passing out when I told you about my epidural...obviously I was still getting to know you and now will avoid all talk needles:) Well, after this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! We miss the pirates so much it hurts. Enjoy the game for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Okay, several things. A) Those DO look like the best quesadillas! B) I love how excited you were to sing "Puff the Magin Dragon", C) I'm glad your shower was delicious... that's a new way to put it. D) The constitution is good. I'm glad you like it. E) I had to get b-work done a few weeks ago and almost passed out myself. Are you okay? F) That's all for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect week! I'm betting those kids were little angels because you sang Puff the Magic Dragon better than ole' Nora . . . I've gotta get my hands on a copy of that movie!

    So glad to hear you came out with out in dents (to the car) and I'm sorry for all the needles you'll be seeing at your appointments. Hang in there!

    Those quesadillas sound delish! My favorite pizza is still the one you introduced to us--bbq sauce with chicken and mozza. The quesa combos sounds YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete