Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Nicole

For those of you who didn't know, and why would you, I was an aimless soul before Nicole came into my life. Sure, I knew that I wanted to go to Dental School and such, but I was simply a single guy in college doing single guy in college things. Nicole changed all of that for me though. She was that ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Nicole was the Crystal Light to my tasteless water (inside joke) For all of the things I thought, she showed me that I had so much to learn. She showed me what Love was. Because of her I now understand Thoreau when he said "There is no remedy for love but to love more." And she was patient with me. Nicole had taught 5th grade before she decided that she wanted to push herself and get her MPA. So Nicole knew something about being patient, and how so very glad I am that she didn't just throw in the towel with me sometimes, because I know I would have if I was dating me, as her. Nicole may think that she is not that great, but I totally and vehemently, and all the other descriptive words I can muster, disagree with her. She is the greatest person that I have ever known. The competition is over for me. There is no one else better. She simply inspires me to do better. Is there anything else that you could want in a wife, a best friend? I don't think so. She is the love of my life. Frank Sinatra once said that "A simple I love you means more than money..." And so I offer my own...
I LOVE YOU.
Happy Birthday Nicole!

Let's look back at a few of the favorite pictures I have of us...

Our First Date...(She cuddled with me first...despite what she says)

Our all day super 4th of July Date...Forever to be known as Superdate. (Because this is when we fell in love.)


Our first and only Mafia picture...



Our first roadtrip together...to meet the entire family!!!



My first visit to her home...



At the wedding...




And now...






7 comments:

  1. That's so cute. I'm so glad she chose that MPA part! Happy Birthday! P.S. Nicole- you look smokin' hot in that mafia picture (well, all of the pictures, but especially that one)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Thanks for the great tribute, Ty, and happy birthday, Nicole! You are so beautiful in all of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If she were any more photogenic, she would burn my eyes! Stop it, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to a ganz, ganz schoene Frau! (I was going to call you a Maedchen, but for crying out loud, you're a mommy now!) Love you! Thanks for posting, Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kaylene. You are very photogenic and look so pretty in all your pictures. I hope your birthday is extra special... and with any luck, Caleb will be extra happy today! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, you are so sweet. that made me cry. I've known nicole for more year than I can count and I think you described her perfectly. You are the cutest little family. Happy Birthday Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweetly written. Happy Birthday Nicole!

    ReplyDelete