Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tummy Time

About two weeks ago I discovered when to put Caleb on his stomach without him screaming in protest. It's in the early early morning, just after he's woken up and been fed. That's the time. And he does great! ... For about 2 whole minutes until he screams. :) But it's better than nothing and I was beginning to worry that he's really get behind in his physical development since I wasn't forcing any time on his belly. So phew!

He's also VERY talkative lately. He makes all kinds of noises. We even have weird noise conversations. I mimic him and it just makes him talk more. His favorite of my noises are the M sound and clicking my tongue. Seriously every time I do them, he smiles. It's pretty funny that M and click could make him so happy! He watches my mouth so intently; I love that he's trying to figure it all out.

He also enjoys it when we sing. Tyler can't ever think of a song on the spot, so he just makes them up. It's pretty hilarious. Not only do you get to discover your child when you welcome a baby into your family, but you get to discover a whole new side of your husband you never knew. I love it.

Caleb has slept 7-8 hours straight (eats and then sleeps for another 2-3 hours) each night for the last 5 nights and I'm pretty much in heaven. He's so happy and smiley and responsive AND he's sleeping. There are so many precious little moments that I wish I could capture in picture or on video to share, but it's simply impossible to get them all. I've decided all those little moments are the real joys of parenting - because all those little moments are just for you. But here are some tummy shots - sorry so many are blurry. He moves so much!









3 comments:

  1. He's such a good looking boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much he looks like his daddy. Yeah Caleb! Tummy time sure is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome (and big!) boy! I love what you said about the little moments that are just for you as parents. I totally agree. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete