Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Break - ahhh :)

We have had a fabulous time this Christmas break. We missed seeing our families but we loved being together and spending time with our friends here in Pittsburgh. I wasn't as diligent with my camera as I should have been, especially at home. I never think of taking pictures of just us! I'm not sure why, although I'm sure Tyler Jr. will cure us of that soon.

Now I realize that my world will completely change once our little man is born, but we (especially I) already feel him QUITE frequently these days. He even woke me up in the middle of the night the last few days with his soccer practice! His father could not be more proud. I love feeling him move and trying to envision his little precious body in there. We loved spending Christmas with him too.

Here's some of the fun highlights of our vacation. (The other half of our vacation consisted of home projects which are still being completed. More to come on that topic.)


Started it off right with an End of Finals party.
Jeff's and Tom's faces show just how much fun we had.


We've spent a lot of time relishing, discussing, and photographing the wave a pregnancy we and so many of our friends are currently riding. Very fun, fairly surreal, and slightly awkward, respectively.
Which one do you think I am??


We saw the Nutcracker downtown. Of course you can't see that we are in the theater in this picture, but we were. :) The production was put on by a youth ballet company that included children from two families in our ward. Although we don't know them really well, it was super fun to see them up on stage. One of our nursery boys was a to-die-for cute solider.


We gobbled up some delicious Thai just before the Nutcracker performance, making it a completely wonderful date.


The Wegeners joined us for a Newton tradition on Christmas Eve: Cheese Fondue. I'm pretty sure it was my first time making it without my mother, and although I'll tweek it next time, I'm proud to say it wasn't a disaster. For all you Newtons out there, we cooked the meat in souped-up beef broth along with lots of veggies like broccoli, mushrooms and asparagus - very delicious! I would recommend this alteration!


Then we played games til dawn.
The girls won exactly 87.4% of all games played, making us the obvious winners of the night.
(Okay all of that was lies except the games part.)



Christmas Day I didn't take ANY pictures of us at home. Sad, I know. But the error was due to being spoiled by our families and an overabundance of joy. Good reason, huh?
Our evening hours were spent with more friends for a lovely dinner. The church building hosted us, which was very obliging of it, and we had a lovely time.


The girls managed to get a picture all together, but not the boys.



Long walks & Photography Practice.
These are more luxuries of vacation.
Although I'm wearing a hoodie, and apparently didn't even brush my hair that day, I do think Tyler's emerging photography skills are shinning through here.


New Year's Eve!
Lots of friends, fun, and food.


Yea for a boys picture!


We got to make new friends and literally play games until the new year!


Cheers!
We kissed at the stroke of midnight, we've written our 2010 goals, the baby is in the oven, we did the laundry, the new carpet's on it's way, Tyler's classes start tomorrow, I still have a job, and we love each other more than ever.
I think we're ready.
Hello 2010.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun guys. Glad to see someone else plays Blokus too, it is a personal favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the belly it makes me so baby hungry. Glad you had a good Christmas and that all is well. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see the pregnancy pics! We tried some meat in the oil fondue--it was awful. Since I don't eat it myself, I thought you just fry it in the oil. Evidentally, there's more to it than that. We'll have to try the boulion next time--sounds much tastier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... you have NOT posted preggo pics yet until now and I LOVE it! You are so stinkin' cute! The fondue looked great. Oh my goodness... I just realized I never emailed you back from a long time ago. I will. SORRY!

    ReplyDelete