Monday, August 6, 2012

Lots of Lasts

As might be expected, our last couple of weeks in Pittsburgh were filled with lasts:

Our last Pirates game.  We took both of our boys to this one and it was perfect!  We got Subway and BROUGHT IT IN (love the Pirates), got there about 6pm so we could eat and get settled before the game and made it through the seventh inning stretch.  We got some of our favorite t-shirts that night.  The view of downtown is beautiful, the atmosphere so relaxed, and the team, well the team is our team, so I love 'em.  I am not kidding that I will sincerely miss watching the Buccos. 

Girls Night: Heather, Nicole, Carlee, Rachael, Randee, Marie, Jessica, Kimi (Kate), Natalie, me (Luke), Jamie (Heath)

Last day with my sweet young women... Hannah and Caroline were smart enough to bring their cameras to church!  I wish I had gotten a picture with all of them that last day.

Girls Night... there were a few "last" girls nights. :)
Back: Kami, Kimi, Carlee, Kaylene, me. Front: Rachael, Elise, Meredith, Libby

Last playdate with our neighbor friends Blake & Kendyl.  Blake was born just 4 days after Caleb in the same hospital!

Last pic with my wonderful neighbor Mandy.  It was a hot day and we both look terrible, but I love her and miss being able to go over and chat whenever.  She loved Caleb and Caleb loved her!!  She was willing to watch him whenever and it was just the best having her as a neighbor!   Her husband Joe did so much plumbing for us and her son Ian was always super sweet.

Last picture in front of our house.  We built our marriage there and brought our two babies home to that house.  I will always miss it and love it.

 Last playdate with the Wegeners.  Caleb still hopes to see T whenever I talk about playing with friends.

I have about 20 pictures of them holding hands this day...

Such good dads.

Last potluck picnic.  Here with Natalie.

Kami (Charlie), me (Luke), Elise & Carlee

Our attempt at getting ALL OF US, but still we are missing Drapers, Pecks, Bryant, and Shumates.
Nelsons, Us, Gneitings, Jensens, Gardners, Westovers, Richins, Grants, Nelsons, Wegeners, Kaylene

Gosh, I have got to stop... this is making me miss Pittsburgh so bad I'm about to cry!!

2 comments:

  1. Man you are killing me with these posts!! I feel like bawling my eyes out! It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that things will never be like they were in Pittsburgh. I will forever cherish those 4 years. So glad we became friends and so glad we were able to experience so many firsts together! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teared up just reading these too! And I wan't even there that much!! So fun and so many great friends and memories. And - you are documenting it so well - you will love having this in the future - especially when you get old like me nad can't remember anyone's name!

    ReplyDelete