Our new favorite destination city is our state's capital, Columbia! Our closest temple is there as well as big city attractions like a zoo and children's museum! It's amazing how much I miss living close to stuff like this (but I don't miss the traffic!). We also discovered that my favorite grocery store, Aldi, is to be found just down the road from the temple!! Wahoo!!
Since it's a two-hour drive we decided to stay overnight in a hotel with a pool. How fun is that? We had a great time on our little adventure. This was August 23-24, 2012.
It was really hot here in August!
Taking a drink break with a new commemorative elephant straw - one of his favorite objects now!
I love king-sized beds!!
We ordered pizza to our hotel room. Again, so fun! The simple joys. :) Tyler went to the temple Friday night and I went early Saturday morning.
Saturday we brought our boys back to the temple to see it before heading to the zoo. Even though I'd rather attend with my husband and be a little more stress-free through the experience, it is still such a breath-of-fresh-air to spend a few quiet minutes in the House of the Lord. It's such a haven for me and I love to go there whenever I can. I hope my two angel boys will feel the peace of the temple when they are grown.
We had such a great time on our first weekend trip to Columbia, we've repeated it two more times already! And plan to go again soon. We love Columbia!

No comments:
Post a Comment