Saturday, December 29, 2012

Halloween

This one I started in November:

Halloween was more fun than ever this year because Caleb understood trick or treating and he was excited to be a monkey (again this year)!  He didn't really anticipate the trick or treating, but once we started he got the hang of it.  (Okay, we actually practiced each night for a few days before the big event so he would know what to do.)  We tried and tried and tried to get him to say at least "Treat!" but didn't get very far.  "Tree!" was about the best we got that night.  But he did sign "thank you" to everyone and charmed them by wagging his monkey tail.  Luke stole hearts with his big smile in his giraffe costume (which Caleb wore as a baby and I still love).

Truck or Treat at Church:







We participated in the cake walk and won!  Caleb was super overwhelmed by all the choices and a bit confused, but still so fun to share these old traditions with him.

Halloween Dinner:



I love how this dinner turned out.  I wanted it to be stress-free but festive and include Caleb as much as possible.  So I bought a pre-made pizza crust and pre-made sauce and he helped me with every step of the Jack-o-lantern pizza making!  Next we put the ingredients in the blender for our favorite healthy smoothie and then I let Caleb go to town with the food coloring.  He put in SO much color and we ended up with these deep purple smoothies.  We used paper plates let over from a Halloween party we never threw two years ago and clean up was a breeze!  I wish I could make all of my holiday meals this kid-centered, festive, fun and easy!



Trick or Treating in our Neighborhood:



The tail!


After we walked our street Caleb helped hand out candy in our neighborhood which was so fun.  We took this video at the end; you can see how excited he was!





No comments:

Post a Comment