Thursday, February 12, 2009

Making Valentines

The last few weeks I've been working on obtaining my PA teaching license and applying to local school districts. All this work has me thinking about all my former students that I adored so much. And I have to say that celebrating Valentine's Day in an elementary school classroom is so much fun! As a student and as a teacher I've always loved making those valentine boxes, passing out my favorite cartoon valentines to each person, eating all the candy, giggling and laughing ... SHARING THE LOVE.

Since I don't have a classroom this year I've been reminiscing, and wanted to share.

STEP ONE: Make the Valentine Mailbox.


Adorable Luis in the middle of creation. He liked working on the floor.



Perfect-student Jackie made a beautiful box.



"What?! I can be a manly-boy and make a valentine." Taylor said with that look.



My tom-boys showed off the muscles they used to make their boxes. haha!



Natasha made one for me because I was busy taking pictures. :)


STEP TWO: Decorate heart cookies & pass out valentines.


Ashley being funny, Ivan trying to act normal, and Cameron smirking because his picture was being taken.



Edgar was practicing his GQ look for the girl who would receive this cookie after school. She was a 6th-grader (ooooo!).


Okay, I think that's more than enough. Oh good times. Love those kids.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I use a website called picnik.com to edit my photos for free. It's pretty fun and I don't have to spend 100's of dollars to edit my photos. I bet if I had photoshop I might have more options, but for now, this works.

    ReplyDelete