Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Valentine's Day

We had a quiet, cozy Valentine's Day. Tyler had to study during the day, so I painted the living room. It's yellow now. Yup, yellow. More on that later. We had an early dinner reservation, so Tyler had to help me finish it up in time, which was wonderful!

For dinner he took me to The Green Mango, a Thai place here that was new to us. I LOVED it! The place was packed so we ended up at different tables, but only about 8 inches apart, from this really nice couple with whom we chatted. I would include Tyler's pic too but it ended up really blurry.


About a week before Valentine's Day, Tyler gave me my present. (It is so adorable how when he has a surprise for me he simply CANNOT wait to give it to me. He gets too excited. I love it! I think it's so cute.) And this gift was so thoughtful and from the heart that it made me cry. He ordered a large print of this painting by William Bliss Baker titled, "Fallen Monarchs." The original is in the BYU Museum of Art and is one of my absolute favorite paintings. I love that he remembered that and got it for me. It's going up in our living room after we go get it framed together.


We were thinking along the same lines for V-day... for him, I printed the pictures below, which he has taken (I might have taken the second one, we're not sure anymore) and framed them. I also printed a picture from our wedding and framed that as well. Now all three are up in our bedroom, and we're finally pretty much done decorating that room. :)

Isn't this tree one just stunning? I love having it up on the wall.


Backing up a little, while I was painting near the window on Saturday, I saw three packages outside the door! One from my mom (including the lovely scarf I'm wearing below), one from Tyler's mom with all the things necessary to make his favorite sour cream sugar cookies - very cute!, and a free iPod Tyler won from BYU Career Services for filling out a survey during graduation 10 months ago... crazy, I know. (So if you're at BYU, fill out the surveys!!) From both of us, Moms, thanks so much for thinking of us. I truly helped us feel so loved!!

And most of all, thanks to Tyler for a beautiful Valentine's Day. I love you. So much. Just having you as my Valentine makes it wonderful for me!!!

I mean, look at that face! I just love him!

5 comments:

  1. All three of those pictures are stunning! As are the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too darn cute. Way to be creative on the Vday gifts. I always resort to clothes for Nick--he did Sees chocolates for me (yep, 1 lb is gone already).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a great Valentine's Day! I love the photographs that you had framed- totally something I would put up in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if Sara has already told you where we're going on our trip, but I thought I would in case she hadn't. We're flying in to Philadelphia on March 28, will spend the next day in NJ, the 30th in Philly/Valley Forge, the 31st in DC, the 1st in DC, the 2nd in VA, and the 3rd somewhere else, maybe more time in VA. We're visiting a few schools while we're there, but we're definitely going to play around too. I think the furthest West we'll get is Valley Forge, but we'd love to see you guys if it can work! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be back East from March 28-April 4, travelling from NJ, to Philadelphia/Valley Forge, to DC and VA. We'd love to see you guys, but don't want to make you drive a long ways to do so! I think the furthest West we'll be is Valley Forge. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete