Monday, May 11, 2009

April in Review: Idaho

We had such a wonderful, and hard of course, time in Idaho. Again, I did a terrible job of taking pictures, so the ones I have are random. I did, however, take a ton of pictures of Grandma & Grandpa's house. So FAMILY - if any of you would like them, just let me know. I took pictures and video of the upstairs and yard. Somehow I didn't get the basement... I just really wanted pictures because I treasure that place so much and I think it will inevitably change soon.

So here are a few favorites.

The front step. I can see in my mind Grandma and Grandpa waiving goodbye from the front step the way they did every time we left.


The pink bathroom. It really is ALL pink (with gold wall paper). Love it! It is SO Grandma!




The blue bathroom. This is why our bathroom reminds me so much of Grandpa's house! Again, even the shower and toilet are blue!


The back yard. Isn't it beautiful? Behind the hedges there's also a garden that always produced yummy corn and tomatoes and carrots. I hope I can keep a yard and garden like Grandpa someday. I'm learning that it's not easy!


The old fridge/freezer. Look at this thing! It's for reals. It's got to be decades old and IT STILL WORKS! I actually love that lever handle and its size. Grandpa had another newer freezer and a small fridge as well, but he kept using this one too!


This is my favorite thing in the whole house. Grandma & Grandpa's weeding picture. (Sorry this picture of a picture is fuzzy!) Grandpa was in the service for WWII. He was stationed in Arizona. Grandma had been living in so. California with her sister's family, then moved to AZ when they decided to get married. They were married on Saturday evening at the base. No family could come. Grandma rode into the base on a bus in her wedding dress. They had 24 hours until Grandpa had to report back on duty. For several weeks Grandma lived in a motel room with other wives during the week, then they all got their own rooms on the weekends when their husbands could join them. The sacrifices they made for the war...

Aren't they just so good looking?


Here are a couple things about Bridget. I can't believe we didn't get any pictures with Cole!! Tyler was quite taken with him. He is such a happy baby.




Here we are cuddling with the little blanket I made for her. She loves all the pink and purple flowers. I was amazed at how many games she made up with just one blanket!




This is at the church after the luncheon. I didn't take a great video, but Bridget was just being so funny, that I have to post it.

The other family we got to spend time with in Burley was Tyler's sister Caitlin! I don't know how we didn't take any pictures with her. It was so fun staying with you Caitlin - thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. love the pics you posted of g-ma and g-pa house. I was just telling ryan how they always use to stand on the front porch and wave every time we left. its a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink bathroom really is magical. I was so excited for Bridget to see it again. How blessed to have such special grandparents. I only wish I could have met Grandma.

    Funny thing you got pics of Bridget, I have pics of Caitlin! What a great video of Bridget though. That girl was so loopy!

    ReplyDelete