Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weather Report

Dear Mother Nature,

Thank you so much for your wonderful hostessing the past several weeks - especially this weekend. You threw a GREAT party! You invited Big Beautiful Sun the entire weekend - she's the star of the show every time! Sun's presence allowed our new friend Grill to make a great debut too - he put on 4 shows in one weekend!!

I think you must have finally gotten that restraining order on Clouds (to keep him away from Blue Skies). Home run on that one! Of course keeping Clouds away kept his partner-in-crime, Rain, away as well. Thank you!

You chose the perfect weekend! It's good to know that you celebrate Memorial Day too. I think all those armed-forces veterans were very honored that you would feel so strongly about the service they have rendered to make and keep our country free. We are grateful for them too.

And, to be fair (and good to our plants), you even let Clouds and Rain come for a few hours Sunday afternoon when Blue Skies, Tyler, and I were at church - what perfect timing!

Now that our long weekend is over, and our yard work is (nearly) done, you've sent Blue Skies and Big Beautiful Sun off to some other city to put a smile on lots of faces and a tan on lots of epidermises. As much as I absolutely LOVE their visits, I agree that others need a turn too.

You've allowed Clouds and Rain to come for a downright PARADE today, but that's really a blessing in disguise in at least two ways:
  • Our newly manicured yard can receive the nourishment it needs.
  • It makes it much easier to go to work because really, who wants to go to a Cloud and Rain parade?!
So thanks again Mother Nature for being so good to us out here in Pittsburgh! You have been a great hostess lately. (I have almost forgotten the icey-coldness of the schedule you arranged for last November through April. . . almost.)

Best Regards,

Nicole

PS Looks like Wind and Storm have shown up for the parade. They're playing so hard that our electricity just hiccuped!

2 comments:

  1. You are one amazing writer, Nicole! I too am grateful to Mother Nature--she's such a kind woman. I have something for you. Be looking for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Nicole--you are so funny. Sure you weren't an English major or something?

    ReplyDelete