
So I was reading a Pittsburgh newspaper yesterday and saw an advertisement stating there are openings at some local Post Offices. How much do they pay?! Between $54,000 - $60,ooo!!!! Pretty sure they have great benefits too. I'm seriously considering submitting an application. What do you think? Is it the life for me?!
PS I realize this is pennies for some of you, but seriously. Consider my areas of work: education & non-profits. Yea, $60,000 is a TON to me.
I say go for it! (that sounds like a lot of money to me too!!)
ReplyDeleteSounds pretty good! But would you be out delivering? If so, maybe not so great. I can't imagine having to be outside when it's icy and 20 below zero.
ReplyDeletewonderful post about grandpa!!
ReplyDeletecheck us out
bullenfam.blogspot.com
That's crazy! I'm even considering it! Hey I've got a baby bjorn, it could work. Anyway, I bet they have to pay that much in Pittsburgh, imagine how much walking is involved- yikes!
ReplyDeleteyou'd definitely get your exercise in every day!! I say DO IT!
ReplyDeleteI have thought about the profession myself. Granted I never had the Pittsburgh winters in mind when thinking of being a mail carrier. Oh, and money is money...
ReplyDeleteIf pursued, I expect someone who has lived in Germany like you have to revolutionize the postal system. With an imported Deutsche Post bike you could cut down on delivery times, increase overall productivity and ascend to Postmaster General in no time. And deep down, I think everybody wants to be the Postmaster General...
ReplyDeleteI've always thought it would be cool to work with the postal service for a few months just to see behind the scenes. I love learning about how stuff is done. I'm also pretty sure the glamor would wear off sooner than later.
ReplyDelete