Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is a great holiday, and I hope you're enjoying it!

I sure am so far. We got up before the sun to start cooking and now the oven is the only one doing the work. I don't always love cooking, but I love cooking on Thanksgiving! Now we're vegging in our PJs. Is there anything better? Especially when you know there's a delicious meal awaiting you.

Today I can't help but be overwhelmingly grateful for one thing:

My husband.

I know I talk about this a lot, and I apologize to you for that, but I just can't help it. I love him more than I know how to say. So I better just leave it at that.

But I am grateful for a few other things too.

First, our little boy who is growing diligently, just as he should. I'm praying this is just the first of many happy healthy Thanksgivings for him.

I'm also teary-eyed grateful for my Savior, who is always there for me in my worst moments. He never fails to give me hope and love.

The other things near and dear to my heart today are my other family members. You all give us so much and we're grateful. We love you.

We're spending Thanksgiving today with Tyler's parents and many of Tyler's LDS classmates. We got together like this last year with other dentals and it's fun to realize how much better of friends we have become in the last 12 months. Our friends are such a blessing.



So Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!

I hope it's full of smiles and warmth, good food, great company, and a big serving of gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. We were definitely grateful to have "family" to celebrate with instead of me making a turkey for our little family. We had a good time and enjoyed seeing everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're cute. I am thankful to have you guys as friends! And that we are still friends... we've been distance-friends now longer than we have been in-person/walk-to-school-and-stay-up-till midnight-doing-super-lame-stats-homework friends. Crazy, huh? Anyway, love the baby bedding too! You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete