Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's a .....



**********
BOY! **********


[insert cheers, balloons, and fireworks here]




The Handsome Happy Son
He was moving moving moving during the ultrasound.
His heart was beating 135 times per minute.
His growth is all normal and just a couple of days ahead of track,
which means he weighs almost a pound and is 7-8 inches long.
I think he has Tyler's strong forehead. What do you think?
It was incredibly fun to watch him moving around.



It's a Sign
Jackie and I spotted this on the one residential street we drove in Palmyra on our trip a few weeks ago. It only confirmed Jackie's belief and she's used it as evidence to me ever since.
Palmyra is still a revelatory place!



The Very Proud Father
Besides his beaming smile, look at his eyes. They look moist, don't they??
The ultrasound tech said that our little boy is particularly active - a real athlete in the making.
Needless to say, all of Tyler's dreams are coming true.




The Extremely Thoughtful Aunt
She also wins the Intuition Award.
She knew from Day One he is a boy.
Through thick, thin, and the-buying-of-girl-bedding-by-me, she stuck to her guns.
She was right.

Besides making blue cake, she also made a lovely dinner for us - it was hot when we walked in the door after waiting over 3 hours for our turn with the ultrasound machine.



To All of You
Thanks for being happy for us and for all of the congratulations.
It means a lot to us!!
Really.
And special note to the very few of you who guessed his gender correctly!
I apologize to whomever was expecting a text or call last night and didn't get one.
Several of my texts came back as wrong numbers and I haven't figured out who they were yet!


19 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were expecting. Congratulations! You two will be amazing parents. Being a parent is the sweetest, thing ever. I am speaking from only six weeks experience, but I have loved every moment. I know you will feel likewise. Nicole I hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys are SO fun Nicole. You are going to make a great mother. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Nicole- we are so super excited for you. I don't believe there is anything better than having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again! I am already getting excited to make you something fun for your shower! And just think, now you have an excuse to go shopping AGAIN for new baby boy bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only we knew 'gas boy's name...you could use if for your son! How exciting! I loved finding out that Mallory was a girl because it felt like she was a real part of the family. Have fun with Tyler Jr. and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. umm, I didn't get a text. But my number hasn't changed. Were you skipping me?!?!? :) It's okay. I'm still excited for you guys! Tyler, Jr. woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I called it!! Wahoo! It's SO fun to have a boy first. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KNEW it!! Ok, I was totally wrong;) We are so excited for you guys and excited that Pax will have so many more buddies soon. Adam can tell him some of the things he's learned. He only took 2 classes that came free when he bought the camera. A lot of it seems like trial and error to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, that boy switched heartbeats on me! Little stinker! Congratulations though! Little boys are SO MUCH FUN! You are going to LOVE it! Now you can join the ranks of all the other ladies with little boys in our freshman group. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. woot! woot!! thank heaven for little.... boys

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yahoo!! You two are going to be the best parents. We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet the little . . . guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats boys are little monkeys!! Well mine is at least they keep you on your toes!! Can't wait to meet him

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally new it all along. Congrats, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Your pregnancy is flying by for me (don't you hate it when people who aren't growing a baby tell you how fast it's going?), and you look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many boys...only one Lily. Val, do you think she planned this? Congrats! Little boys are VERY fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a happy time for you two! Congrats! We love our little boy! I am sure that Tyler is just thrilled. What is your due date? You may have said in a previous post, but my blog-stalking skills have drastically dropped off the radar since junior was born. :) Anyways, Kimball and I are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats! hope you are feeling/doing okay. I can't believe you had to wait 3 hours for the ultrasound! Oh the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wooo hooo! That is awesome! Little boys are THE BEST. :)

    ReplyDelete