Monday, November 2, 2009

Announcement of a Lifetime

Since I'm just 11 days short of being half-way done, I think it's time to announce ......




I'm pregnant!!




Every time we hear that little heart beating so fast and strong, ours beat a little faster too. Excitement, nerves, love, and pure joy.

We even got to see our child via an ultrasound a couple of months ago. Baby was kicking and hiccuping and wiggling around. To quote Dr. Suess, "[My] heart grew three sizes that day."



One week from today we'll get to see junior again and this time the technician will officially announce the gender of our baby! So put on your thinking caps and light your telepathy candles, cause it's time to VOTE.

Are we having a boy or a girl?

24 comments:

  1. It's about time for the announcement to be made publicly!! :) YAY! I'm voting for GIRL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW you were pregnant!! (I just assumed because a month or two ago you said you needed blood work to be done...and it's a rough bit of blood work at the beginning of the pregnancy). Glad I was right! Congrats! And where are the belly shots? I vote for girl as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, it seems like all the votes are for girl. I vote girl because, well, any girl of yours will be gorgeous and you'll do such a great job with hair, dresses and bows! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! That is great news! We love having girls, so I guess I'll vote that way. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations you two!! That is just way exciting! I'm voting boy. Can't wait to find out! Glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you kept that from your blog for a long time. Congratulations! I'm super excited for you. You will absolutely love and adore being a mom. (The bloodwork made me suspect as well . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was SOOOOO suspicious of this! I don't know why, except for that you actually were! Wahoo! Congratulations, Nicole. You and Tyler are going to be great at this. It's the coolest and tiredest thing ever. Hmm. My vote is girl. An unsure vote, but let's go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh congratulations you two! This is such exciting news! I vote boy for sure. And you are almost half way? That puts you about March-ish?

    Also, thank you so so much for that beautiful blanket that we received in the mail! That was so thoughtful- Nicole, did you make it? It is adorable. Isabelle will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS! That is so exciting!!!! I'm saying...BOY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! It's about darn time you shared your news with everyone! I'm going to vote a.... boy. Mostly because I just want my little guy to have a little friend! :) Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! This is very exciting news. I hope you have a boy because they are easy and so cute. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First, I want to know what the baby's heartbeat is (130s, 150s, etc.), then I will see if my prediction coincides. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I should have expected something like that from Val!! The baby has consistently been in the high 150's with the first one right at 160. So... what does that mean???

    Oh and Baby Johansen is scheduled to arrive sometime around April 3rd. I'm hoping for April 6th or the end of March, and I'm praying our child's birthday isn't April 1st!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats that is so exciting. I vote girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that the higher the heart beat means it's usually a girl. But with my memory problems, that's probably wrong. I guess girl though!! I can't believe you are just barely publicly announcing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, what took you so long. ;) I'm going with girl since we're bound to get at least one out of this huge influx of pregnancies. But boy would be fun for obvious reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FINALLY...I have been DYING to tell SOMEONE outside of the fam?? Do you even KNOW how hard it is for me to keep my mouth shut!!

    YAYYYY for new baby....niece....yes I believe it's a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on keeping it a secret for so long-- that was probably just as much fun as it is telling everyone. Oh, and congratulations on the baby, too ;) That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been waiting and waiting for this post. Congratulations again! And I have no idea what it is, but I can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep. Suspicions confirmed. My prediction is GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yea! We are so happy for you two. I don't think there is anything better than having a child- at least nothing that I've experienced thus far. You will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will go against the tide of public opinion and vote "boy." If I'm right, remember that I was one of the few who had such deep insight. If I'm wrong, forget you ever read this

    ReplyDelete
  23. you have plenty of comments on here, but I couldn't not congratulate you! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete