Monday, February 1, 2010

Research Study that Pays!

First of all, three cheers that January is OVER!! By far, it's my least favorite month of the year, but it went amazingly fast this year, and I am so grateful! Trips to Phoenix, hosting baby showers and book groups will need to be on the docket every January from now on!

On to the topic of this post. This is for all you Pittsburghers who have recently become, or might soon become pregnant. Don't worry, you don't have to share your secret with me, so you can keep on reading.

I've recently become acquainted with a Pitt professor who runs a "Sleep in Pregnancy Study" which pays $150 to each participant. Major requirements of the study are:

  • Begin study at about 10 weeks.
  • Record some of your sleeping patterns on paper to give to them.
  • Give a blood sample once or twice (not sure which).

That's it! And you get $150 for it. I totally would have done it had I know about it early enough in my pregnancy, but I didn't. And this is the great problem they have with finding participants - lots of times women don't tell anyone they are pregnant until after 10 weeks, and then it's too late to begin the study. So since this lady is really such a nice person, and I know a lot of girls who might become pregnant in the next few years, I told her I'd write a post. That way if you're interested, you can just contact them, and not tell til you're ready to do so.

So here's the contact information:

Sleep in Pregnancy Study
Bonnee Wettlaufer, Study Director
412.246.6419

Michele Okun, Professor
412.586.9434
okunml@upmc.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment