I can hardly believe it's this close and at the same time, I'm aching for his birthday to be tomorrow. My hips feel like they're morphing into birthing machines...popping and cracking all the time and feeling achy... any chance that means he's coming early?!
So he's starting playing this game with us called, "Get out of my space!" It goes like this: Tyler pushes down on my uterus somewhere and waits with baited breath. Within a minute, Baby starts pushing and kicking back. He rolls, he bounces, he rotates, he jabs. He really tries to move the intruder! Tyler and I think it's so funny, and Tyler gets crazy excited for the years of teasing and wrestling matches to come. It's a fun game.
Meanwhile I'm trying to finish all my projects:
- About three months ago Tyler made me promise to stay away from Joann's until all my fabric is sewn into something. I haven't been back for three months. And at this rate I won't be back for another six. That's okay though. He was right.
- I have to read nearly 3,000 more pages on leadership and management in the next 6-8 weeks to finish my masters. That's it: read. No papers, no projects, just read. So my goal is 100 pages every week day. Started yesterday and enjoying my first book so far!
- We wrote a list of home improvement projects about six months ago to be finished before we became a family of three. A lot are done. A few aren't. I'm getting less useful by the day, and Tyler is really busy this semester, so let's be honest: the baseboards aren't getting painted. But other than that, I think we'll make our goal.
Good thing I have projects to do because, second only to January, February is my next least favorite month. Reasons not to like it? It's STILL winter. Cold. Snow. Little sunshine. Coooollllllldddd. And that little pipsqueek, the groundhog, always sees his shadow. Always, right? Reasons it's better than January: Valentine's Day, top three holidays of the year. Longer days. And it has the decency to be short. At least it's over fast!
Hooray for being so close to finishing your master's! Reading sounds easy enough--although time consuming, of course. Another reason to like February: It's my birth month. And my baby's birth month.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet him! It's coming fast. But not fast enough for you, I'm sure. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll paint your baseboards for you. I could use a good project that doesn't involve 8,000 loads of laundry, sewing baby items, cleaning or organizing--I'm in! Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer. :)
ReplyDelete