I'm headed to check myself into the hospital in a few minutes, where we'll be beginning an induction. Although I didn't want to be induced, I'm pretty excited about the prospect of holding my baby very very soon.
Yesterday our little man didn't quite pass the non-stress test that was part of regular post-due date procedure. At first they wanted to induce me yesterday, but with a closed cervix I asked for other options. So I got an ultrasound, where he then checked out fine. So we went home with another non-stress test scheduled for this morning. Last night I had lots of contractions and lost my plug. I went in this morning and he did the same thing - just wouldn't get his heart rate up for a long enough period, even with stimulation. While the doctor said this certainly isn't really scary, and she believes he is healthy right now, the non-responsiveness could be an indication that the placenta is slowing down and they don't want to risk it putting him in harms way in the coming days.
So off for induction we go. I need to grab my toothbrush and pillows, and then I'm off! Wish us luck!
GOOD LUCK!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Nicole! You can do this! (and I'm biased, but April babies are my favorites)
ReplyDeleteYou're smart to make sure your body is a little more ready. Good luck and give that baby a big kiss!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!! Same thing happened with McKay. He just wouldn't keep his heart rate up. Turns out my placenta was shot. I am sure things will go great for you! Can't wait for your next post! love ya
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome - you're going to do great! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
ReplyDeleteYEA!!! I'm so excited!!! You have to make sure and post lots of pictures when he comes! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! We hope everything goes well-- new babies are amazing!
ReplyDeleteyeah!! can't wait for pics good luck
ReplyDeleteI felt like I should pray for you this morning... and then I thought, hey that must mean he's coming today! Glad I was right. We'll keep the prayers coming. Today is going to be awesome! I'm so happy you finally get to hold your little man! Post pics soon!
ReplyDeleteOh Good luck to you! I hope everything goes smoothly and I really can't wait to see pictures! Enjoy every minute of your new baby.
ReplyDeleteso excited for you :) can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! I've been thinking about you non-stop! Good luck and I would love love to come visit you in the hospital if you are taking visitors and feel up to it! Let us know! YEAH!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I hope it all goes well! Good luck, have fun, and keep us updated! :)
ReplyDelete