For all of you grandpas and grandmas and aunts and uncles and cousins and friends who are just dying for another window into the bundle of joy we see everyday...
Day 2
Still in the hospital. Dad had to go take a couple tests.
We were kept pretty busy by all the things we had to do in the hospital, but we found a few quiet moments to take pictures.
Still in the hospital. Dad had to go take a couple tests.
We were kept pretty busy by all the things we had to do in the hospital, but we found a few quiet moments to take pictures.

Letting my doctor take him for his circumcision and again letting the nurses take him for his tests were absolutely heart-wrenching for me. I just cried and cried. And then I cried again when they brought him back, and he looked at my like I'm crazy. :) I knew I loved him before that, but wow.

Dad made it back after a long day at school and we were so happy to see him!

Day 3
We came home from the hospital and it's good to be home.
This is what my little man looks like just after eating. I LOVE IT! He's falls into the most peaceful sleep and I just have to enjoy it for a minute or two (or occassionaly 20) before burping him.

He found his thumb!!
He's been sucking on his hands and sleeves since the beginning, but he actually found his thumb on his own once. SO CUTE!

His first political debate with his father:
"I don't think that could be right."

"No. You can't draw that conclusion so quickly."

Day 4
After Ty came home from church, they hung out watching the Masters.
(GO PHIL, by the way. We've finally fully committed to Phil-Fanhood.)
Even though this isn't a great picture, I love how it shows how little he is and how much growing he has to do before he's a big as his dad.

A nice close-up.

We tried taking some videos.
Once or twice a day he is just totally awake like this.
Day 5
We saw our Pediatrician today!
He was 8 lbs 1 oz when we left the hospital, but back up to 8 lbs 3 oz today!
He was totally awake for the whole visit and absolutely quite.
He just watched and looked around the whole time. And he checked out great!

So here is our little man.
Every time I pick him up I realize I've forgotten just exactly how beautiful he is.

Congratulations! He's gorgeous! I can't wait to see him in person!
ReplyDeletecongrats! I love his furrowed little brow in those pictures!
ReplyDeleteNicole, he is wonderful. Congratulations and have fun with him!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing how quickly you are willing to sacrifice your world and life for something? And how quickly you are quite certain they are the most beautiful and precious thing you have ever seen? I know I did and you can just feel that in your posts! JUST SO YOU KNOW, HE IS THOUGH! Congratulations on a beautiful and precious little baby! Let me know when you are up for visitors, I am dying to come stop by! I might even text you if I don't hear from you in a day or two!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie.... I'm so glad you're capturing his expressive side, as well as his sleepy, just finished eating side. They are both adorable. I'm so happy for you and glad things are going so well!
ReplyDeleteNicole, he is BEAUTIFUL! you can call a baby boy beautiful, right? Congrats and have fun!
ReplyDeleteOne of the best baby scowls. He is so adorable. I'm so happy for you and now currently STARVING for a baby.
ReplyDeleteHe is perfect. I am already wanting another one. :) They don't stay that small for long. Soak in every second!! Hope the recovery is going well. Love you!
ReplyDeleteYeah!! He is sweet Nicole and Tyler! You did great! I love his expressions--for a newborn, he's showing lots of character. We can't wait to see him. Bridget includes him in her prayer at night "bless baby cousin Caleb." Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteWhat a little man with a little attitude for his Dad. He was so fun to see and hold. They grow up fast, too fast. Take tons of pictures and don't keep wishing for that next stage in life. It's amazing how fast you as a person change to make life for this little person as good as it can be. Congrats
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys! The pictures and video made me cry. We couldn't me more excited for the both of you and hope we get to meet the little man some day.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Nicole and Tyler!!! Such a cute little baby boy! Have fun and try to get some sleep. :)
ReplyDelete