When our little man was just two days old, we ventured out to have him photographed so we can treasure brand-new him forever via picture. Libby Jones did a fabulous job, as always. He did not like being naked alone - not one bit. He did a little better when we held him, but best of all when dressed. :) Amazingly, Libby caught many not-crying faces.
We arrived at her house, just a few hours after being discharged from the hospital, with him in a clean diaper, and two clean ones in the diaper bag just in case. We were out of diapers in a matter of minutes, I swear, and he still pooped all over two white blankets and me. Hello Parenthood. The amazing part is that it doesn't bug at all. He peed on me again today. Does it bother me? No, really, not at all!
He is already two weeks old and changing which makes me want to treasure every rocking and feeding and singing time all the more. Yesterday the doctor announced him 90% percentile for height, 50% percentile for weight, and 30% percentile for head circumference. He was a wide-awake angel for them again. :)
So here are the pictures. Enjoy!
We arrived at her house, just a few hours after being discharged from the hospital, with him in a clean diaper, and two clean ones in the diaper bag just in case. We were out of diapers in a matter of minutes, I swear, and he still pooped all over two white blankets and me. Hello Parenthood. The amazing part is that it doesn't bug at all. He peed on me again today. Does it bother me? No, really, not at all!
He is already two weeks old and changing which makes me want to treasure every rocking and feeding and singing time all the more. Yesterday the doctor announced him 90% percentile for height, 50% percentile for weight, and 30% percentile for head circumference. He was a wide-awake angel for them again. :)
So here are the pictures. Enjoy!

I love kissing his little cheeks!! He really makes this face a lot - I love it! And yes, my eyelashes have been greatly improved by Photoshop. (Libby is genius.)




This is what most of the shoot was really like...


Doesn't that pacifier look HUGE?!


He loves having his hands up by his face and often eats like this - with one fist under his head. It's so cute!


This is Tyler's favorite picture.

This is one of my favorites simply because he really makes this face a lot - it's just SO HIM. Lots of times I take pictures that don't really look like him. I don't know how that's possible, but it's true, so I love this one. I also love the me-kissing-him one above. It pretty much always me teary-eyed.


Our happy little family.
those turned out sooo cute! he is so precious! i need to come see you again!
ReplyDeleteWait, did you say this was a few hours after leaving the hospital?? Cause, Nicole, you look amazing!! These pictures are adorable!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT! They turned out so, so great! I want to squeeze him again. Newborns are amazing little creatures and yours excels in the adorable department.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THIS NICOLE!!!! What a great idea! I wish I knew someone who could do amazing pictures like that. So adorable! I love it!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Stella is only 3 months old, but I love looking back at her newborn pictures and remembering how small she used to be. And I think he looks like his daddy! Hope you are enjoying motherhood!
ReplyDeleteThese turned out so beautiful! They are all so great- I think my favorite is the one where he is sleeping on his hand. Just so precious, and so newborn. Hope you are both doing well!
ReplyDeleteoh you make me cry! He's beautiful and you are such a beautiful little family!
ReplyDeleteThose are great pictures. I can't believe you were so motivated to go have them taken right after leaving the hospital! Way to go. They turned out so well.
ReplyDeleteNicole- he is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteNicole! You look so beautiful and your baby is so cute. I loved his little hat and love all those pictures. I'm glad you got some great ones... even the crying ones are cute too!!
ReplyDeleteps. Libby Jones was an MDT major with me! Small world!
ReplyDeletei could just eat him up
ReplyDeleteHe is precious! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWow! What beautiful pictures! He is adorable! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! Thanks for sharing these! Your miracle makes me so happy :)
ReplyDeleteSo adorable! Congrats!
ReplyDeletethose are adorable pictures! Congrats you guys!
ReplyDeleteWhat precious pictures! He is so adorable, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit, that he's darn quit, even if he made me an lod geezer!
ReplyDeleteG-PAW
Beautiful...simply beautiful. Glad to hear he is modest :D Good trait to not like being naked in front of others! Have a wonderful time with him. You will be fantastic parents. Thanks again for the link
ReplyDelete