In January, Tyler's class had their pictures taken for the 2012 Graduates board that will be hung in the halls of Pitt's Dental School forever. Someone decided it would be hilarious if they looked like pictures from the 1970s... so all the guys grew mustaches. This is how Pittsburgh will remember my husband:
You can order any of these three. Any takers?? ;) I asked Tyler if his mom framed and hung an 8x10 of one of these in her house whether he would be proud or mortified. He answered, "Both."
In other Tyler news, he passed his practical NERB (Northeastern Region Board) examination! This was the LAST big test!!! We just found out last week. He had me all scared after the test because he knew he would be docked points for this one thing. Turns out he got a perfect score in one section, and only those points missing in the other section. I can't believe he let me worry!
The evening of the test we went to Chili's with the Wegeners to celebrate. We were obviously excited because we have both sworn off taking our toddlers to restaurants, so I don't know why we thought taking two was a good idea... BUT I'm glad we did because it worked out great! We sat them across the table from each other and they entertained each other for so long! Both did way better than they typically do with just their parents for company. Who would have guessed?
Lastly, it's basketball season again. Of course Tyler is playing church ball and this year he's also on an intramural team at school. As you know, Tyler loves this stuff. Caleb and I try to come watch, but what that really means is I try to watch, but don't really because I spend my time chasing, disciplining, entertaining and restraining Caleb from the court. It's fun for me when I get to chat with the other cheer-leading wives and when Caleb actually watches his dad for a second or two (oh, and watch Tyler play).
I don't have any pics of Tyler ... but I do of Caleb! During one game Caleb had quite the time on the collapsed bleachers with his BFF. These two are great examples of forgiveness and undconditional love. They often don't play that great together, but they are always excited to see each other and have plenty of hugs (and even kisses) for each other at each new meeting. (Lately anytime we put on our coats to go anywhere Caleb yells T's name as if all we ever do when we leave the house is go see his friend.) Here are the pics:
Leaning into each other for the picture, but not being able to look at the camera long enough...
One thing I love about T being around Caleb is that he is a great example of good eating! Caleb almost always eats better when T is there.
Cheese! Go Daddy!








First of all, I really did think that was photoshopped until Nicole clarified. OF COURSE tyler would do that.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, congratulations on your upcoming graduation/passing hard tests etc! Excited for you and your family.
love those cheesy grins! so cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am laughing so hard at the mustache picture! Too funny!
ReplyDelete