Monday, February 27, 2012

Pens Win!

This Saturday we attended our first (and probably last) Penguins Hockey game!  The Pens are huge here, just like the Steelers, and we figured we just had to make it to at least one game before we leave the City of Champions.  They recently built a new arena too which is very nice.  The Nelsons showed us the ropes on getting cheap student tickets and went with us.  We couldn't get 4 seats together so the boys took the standing-room-only tickets and Nat and I sat.  Thank you baby.  :)  Eventually some seats opened up next to us though and the boys joined us.

View from the standing "seats."

I don't watch hardly any hockey on TV, but I sure liked it better in person.  It was easier to follow and see the strategy of the offense and defense.  And the fights didn't seems so brutal - they seemed more like a show rather than real fights.  Of course I could be dead wrong - that's just how it seemed to me.  


Pretty awesome score for our only live hockey experience!  And we got to experience a hat trick!  As fun as it was, none of us felt inspired enough to throw in our hats.

The group.  Our babies are due to arrive just 2 weeks apart!

The view from our sitting seats.

The Wegeners watched Caleb for us during the game, so we got to babysit for them in the evening.  This was one scene of the night.  Too cute!


What a perfect Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment